Turn on thread page Beta

Goldman Sachs Operations Final round Interview watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockon)
    Yep am running for summer internship. My application is very strong this year.

The offer was just verbal. After 1 week I phoned them up about the UCAS points, but never received the pack. So I assume it will be a while before a physical contract comes through.

Congrats on your industrial placement
    Thanks for your reply rockon, and all the best with your application!

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone,
    Ive got the final round interview for ops London, but im not sure what to include in my research because the research i did for the first interview was not useful at all. Do i need to know there performances in markets etc or not? and by 3 interviews is it with the same person or different individuals? and how frightening is it.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe_g)
    hey everyone,
    Ive got the final round interview for ops London, but im not sure what to include in my research because the research i did for the first interview was not useful at all. Do i need to know there performances in markets etc or not? and by 3 interviews is it with the same person or different individuals? and how frightening is it.

Hi Joe, I didn't actually apply for operations so I'm not sure about your specific-division research...
    but I can confirm that the 3 interviews would be with different people (I had two people in each of my interview).
    About GS is general, just be aware of any recent/big news I think (they want to know how much you know about GS)...and it can only help if you know about their market performance as well.
    It was quite nerve-wracking especially coz they were back-to-back interviews. But I guess they're testing your ability to cope under pressure as well? So no matter what happens, just keep being positive!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe_g)
    hey everyone,

you will have 3 interviews, each being a 2 on 1 interview, so you will meet 6 people. theyll ask you why GS again and also some more competencies. nothing really about the markets when i had mine last year, just some basic problems to solve in one of the interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBrightShadow)
    you will have 3 interviews, each being a 2 on 1 interview, so you will meet 6 people. theyll ask you why GS again and also some more competencies. nothing really about the markets when i had mine last year, just some basic problems to solve in one of the interviews.

So when you say basic problems to solve, could you give me an example?

I am doing first round next week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwotet)
    So when you say basic problems to solve, could you give me an example?

I am doing first round next week!
    dont worry you wouldnt get them in the first round. just some tests and competency interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GSApplicant)
    same here! I applied for Global Compliance and will have the final round interview next week! In the email they said there will be two competency-based interviews and I am quite looking forward to them! Good luck!
    Hi I went to a GS programme a pre-internship but they never elaborated on what the Global Compliance section does. What does it involve? Is the salary good? What are the hours like?

ReputationRep:
    I think GS has started sending out contracts this week.
    I had something in the post which required my signature this Wednesday but I happened to be away for the entire week and saw the collection card today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noddy240)
    I think GS has started sending out contracts this week.
    I had something in the post which required my signature this Wednesday but I happened to be away for the entire week and saw the collection card today.
    Congrats. What were your GCSE, A-level grades? what work experience did you do (in terms of the ones that are on your CV?

ReputationRep:
    Did my GCSE and A Levels abroad but have straight A's in all.

Worked in a BB prior to this internship.

ReputationRep:
    you don't need a 2.1 for GS either. My friend got a return offer from his internship and all he needs to get is a "pass" in his degree.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here know what they do with the background check.
    I need to obtain references from my work experiences abroad.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    you don't need a 2.1 for GS either. My friend got a return offer from his internship and all he needs to get is a "pass" in his degree.
    Please tell me you're joking on that one?
    Is this for Ops?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noddy240)
    Please tell me you're joking on that one?
    Is this for Ops?
    yep for ops, and it isn't a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here with an offer who has signed the contract. I need urgent help

ReputationRep:
    What help do you need?

ReputationRep:
    What did you put for the start date?

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I applied for 1 year work placement operation division.
    Got a first round today,a mail few hours after and I have the three interview final round next week.

2 things:
    - should I bring any transcript ? I have the documents stating I have my degree but I don't really have any grades. what about references ? They never asked me for it.
    - they will asked me for compensation, I don't wanna look stupid and say "I don't know". If I understood well they pay you as a full time, don't they ? Then Ho much is it ? i have only old information.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eagle1)
    Hello

I applied for 1 year work placement operation division.
    Got a first round today,a mail few hours after and I have the three interview final round next week.

2 things:
    - should I bring any transcript ? I have the documents stating I have my degree but I don't really have any grades. what about references ? They never asked me for it.
    - they will asked me for compensation, I don't wanna look stupid and say "I don't know". If I understood well they pay you as a full time, don't they ? Then Ho much is it ? i have only old information.

thanks
    1) They do a background check if you get the offer so you need not take any transcripts for the interview.
    2) They never ask about compensation and never expect you to ask that stupid question either. The whole purpose of glassdoor (the website if you don't know about it) is to speculate how much you could 'rationally expect' in different banks and division.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, anyone still waiting for their final round interview?? Any recent interviewee know what questions they are going to ask??

Many thanks

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.