Turn on thread page Beta

interview after ac! ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i got an invite to an icap ac. year long placement

it says on the email if sucessfull at the ac the will be further bussiness interviews on another day any1 heard of this? do you think the interviews after are just for the applicant benefit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by travis 3)
    i got an invite to an icap ac. year long placement

it says on the email if sucessfull at the ac the will be further bussiness interviews on another day any1 heard of this? do you think the interviews after are just for the applicant benefit
    Absolutely not.

They did this last year, I don't know if they have the same policy this year, they certainly don't for summer internships.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of consultancies do this. Usually in smaller companies, sometimes a partner will interview. Obviously they don't want to spend their whole day talking to donkeys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    Absolutely not.

They did this last year, I don't know if they have the same policy this year, they certainly don't for summer internships.

if you make it pass through the ac, what are the chnances do you think. i would have thought if you pass the ac, then ur basically in, or does the final interview knock out about half of the applicants?

ReputationRep:
    if you make it pass through the ac, what are the chnances do you think. i would have thought if you pass the ac, then ur basically in, or does the final interview knock out about half of the applicants?
    At least. Put it this way, from my final round there were 8 of us, and only 3 got offers.

ReputationRep:
    I had my final interview for the year long placement last week, and I received the offer that day. There was another lad interviewing that day with me, but I'm not sure if he was offered or not. I know someone from my university scheduled for AC at the end of Feb so they must still be looking.

By the way thanks loggins for all of the information you gave out regarding the process last year, it was really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    ICAP's recruitment process is this -

- Telephone Interview
    - AC (numerical and verbal tests, Group exercise, Trading simulation, HR interview)
    - Final Round interview (Two panel interviews)
    - Offer

ReputationRep:
    At least. Put it this way, from my final round there were 8 of us, and only 3 got offers.
    just a random question i thought u would know the answer.

the "stock market" only includes company stocks? (is this the same as equites market)

or does the "stock market" include derivtives of currencies, commodites and bonds?

ReputationRep:
    just a random question i thought u would know the answer.

the "stock market" only includes company stocks? (is this the same as equites market)

or does the "stock market" include derivtives of currencies, commodites and bonds?
    Yeah, strictly speaking, 'stock market' should refer to the major equity indices like FTSE, Dow Jones etc, while currencies, commodities and bonds are traded on separate exchanges. Generally though, in layman terms I'd say 'stock market' has become a generic term encompassing all of these markets.

ReputationRep:
    Ok

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, strictly speaking, 'stock market' should refer to the major equity indices like FTSE, Dow Jones etc, while currencies, commodities and bonds are traded on separate exchanges. Generally though, in layman terms I'd say 'stock market' has become a generic term encompassing all of these markets.
    Ithink u did a placement at icap can u tell me is ICAP AC is the interview question mainly compnetnecy or mainly industry? or 50-50
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ithink u did a placement at icap can u tell me is ICAP AC is the interview question mainly compnetnecy or mainly industry? or 50-50
    thanks
    Prepare both.

ReputationRep:
    Generally though, in layman terms I'd say 'stock market' has become a generic term encompassing all of these markets.
    No it hasnt. If someone in my office talks about stockmarkets they are talking about equities. 'markets' is obviously a more general term that can used for FICC etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samoan)
    No it hasnt. If someone in my office talks about stockmarkets they are talking about equities. 'markets' is obviously a more general term that can used for FICC etc
    Yes, obviously. But to the man on the street, it's all the same thing, hence my use of :"laymen's terms" which was the point I was making

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.