The Student Room Group

How do you make friends what signal am I giving off?

Everyone sees me around but no one knows me I a;ways have aquantinces who say hi and we talk etc but they never become friends. Why is this though its always been the same people say Im a very private person and very quiet but Im just like anyone else I don't know what signals I give off to people Im always willing to talk what more can I do:confused: I can't connect with anyone my age I usually make friends with eccentric intelligent people old enough to be my parents. What am I doing wrong what more can I do to make friends other than talk to people when I see tham asnd ask what they have been up to etc:confused:
Reply 1
ello?
make sure you dont stare at them..thats really annoys me and makes people seem really unfriendly/judgemental. just be smiley and happy and try and find common ground with them? i find people to be like that too, i think it may just be a case of not enough friendly people inthe world unfortunately :/
Anonymous
Everyone sees me around but no one knows me I a;ways have aquantinces who say hi and we talk etc but they never become friends. Why is this though its always been the same people say Im a very private person and very quiet but Im just like anyone else

That perfectly sums up my school life since going to secondary school.

What i don't understand is how i can make friends very easily with people who are not from my school, but when i'm at school i find it much harder.
Meet eccentric intelligent people your own age?
Reply 5
an easy solution is: start smoking, that way you have a right to talk to all smokers (i'm a smoker before anyone tells me i'm making this up); or start drinking heavily, cos then you'll def meet people and make friends. These two combined are often known as Freshers Week.

Latest

Trending

Trending