Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Everyone sees me around but no one knows me I a;ways have aquantinces who say hi and we talk etc but they never become friends. Why is this though its always been the same people say Im a very private person and very quiet but Im just like anyone else I don't know what signals I give off to people Im always willing to talk what more can I do:confused: I can't connect with anyone my age I usually make friends with eccentric intelligent people old enough to be my parents. What am I doing wrong what more can I do to make friends other than talk to people when I see tham asnd ask what they have been up to etc:confused:

ello?

ReputationRep:
    make sure you dont stare at them..thats really annoys me and makes people seem really unfriendly/judgemental. just be smiley and happy and try and find common ground with them? i find people to be like that too, i think it may just be a case of not enough friendly people inthe world unfortunately :/

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Everyone sees me around but no one knows me I a;ways have aquantinces who say hi and we talk etc but they never become friends. Why is this though its always been the same people say Im a very private person and very quiet but Im just like anyone else
    That perfectly sums up my school life since going to secondary school.

What i don't understand is how i can make friends very easily with people who are not from my school, but when i'm at school i find it much harder.

ReputationRep:
    Meet eccentric intelligent people your own age?

ReputationRep:
    an easy solution is: start smoking, that way you have a right to talk to all smokers (i'm a smoker before anyone tells me i'm making this up); or start drinking heavily, cos then you'll def meet people and make friends. These two combined are often known as Freshers Week.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.