Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Short guys, how do you cope? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am 5'4 but i always thought i was 5'7 it has never really effected me. Have good friends, social life, smart have a beautiful girlfriend..just like me everything is looking up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYE)
    You're actually tall, I wish I was your height (im 5''8).
    Im the youngest in my family and my brothers are taller than me. I dont understand my father was tall so is my mum, I know it ant very short but girls look down on me dude.

ReputationRep:
    A LOT of the people I work with (all male) are <5'8. We're talking 40ish of ~50 people. I wouldn't worry about it - you're going to be a Doctor, you'll have no trouble with the ladies, or respect!

Stilts.

ReputationRep:
    Im 6 ft and trust me it dosnt get easier with the ladies. Although it does get easier to reach high objects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Also, who are you to call someone tight minded for rejecting you because of your height, I personally think that's quite arrogant...
    Well that's your problem. Who are you to tell me who to find tight-minded or smart? "That's quite arrogant", isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    Well that's your problem. Who are you to tell me who to find tight-minded or smart? "That's quite arrogant", isn't it?

I am completely at liberty to express that I find your attitude arrogant. It's my own opinion. But to generalise EVERY SINGLE PERSON who isn't attracted to short people as 'tight minded' that's quite sad, and as I previously said; arrogant.

You generalised. I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Learn to live with it like Carlton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunge)
    PLEASE don't make up for it with arrogance as some do.

And I met someone on holiday who was a med student and was about 5'4. Don't worry.

HA whats them being a med student got to do with anything! did you get with him?

ReputationRep:
    tall people earn more on average than short ones and seem to be in higher places job wise, apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    HA whats them being a med student got to do with anything! did you get with him?
    The OP was worrying that he'd be the only short medical student.

ReputationRep:
    didn't see that bit sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    I am completely at liberty to express that I find your attitude arrogant.
    It's not arrogant. It's 24 years of life speaking. You're 17. I really don't care what do you think about me, this makes no difference - if you think I'm arrogant, that's fine, I just feel indifference for you.

I know from my own experience that more often than not, I just have nothing to talk about with people who dismiss others purely on the merits of height. Because, more often than not, along with it comes dismissing people on the merits of race, nationality, accent etc. etc., and just general lack of tolerance, open-mindness and general failure in life. I'm not attracted to people who don't have fun in life, I'm attracted to people who are unique, can keep life at distance and are generally chilled out non-conformists.

People who judge others by their height and use it as a mere criteria when looking for a friend/partner rarely, if ever have the features aforementioned.

But then, again, it's my 24 years of life in 3 different countries and meeting literally thousands of people from various different backgrounds speaking. You're 17 though. You obviously know better, don't you?

I'll tell you something: you grow out of it. With time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    It's not arrogant. It's 24 years of life speaking. You're 17. I really don't care what do you think about me, this makes no difference - if you think I'm arrogant, that's fine, I just feel indifference for you.

I know from my own experience that more often than not, I just have nothing to talk about with people who dismiss others purely on the merits of height. Because, more often than not, along with it comes dismissing people on the merits of race, nationality, accent etc. etc., and just general lack of tolerance, open-mindness and general failure in life. I'm not attracted to people who don't have fun in life, I'm attracted to people who are unique, can keep life at distance and are generally chilled out non-conformists.

People who judge others by their height and use it as a mere criteria when looking for a friend/partner rarely, if ever have the features aforementioned.

But then, again, it's my 24 years of life in 3 different countries and meeting literally thousands of people from various different backgrounds speaking. You're 17 though. You obviously know better, don't you?

I'll tell you something: you grow out of it. With time.

:rofl: Okay, you AREN'T arrogant XD

ReputationRep:
    when i was shorter than everyone in my class i dealt with it by not caring
    now that i'm tall i deal with that by lording superiority over short guys

why not i say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOV3R)
    Im the youngest in my family and my brothers are taller than me. I dont understand my father was tall so is my mum, I know it ant very short but girls look down on me dude.
    I don't see how they can tbh, and you'll probably grow more. I've never been unhappy about my height at all, neither should you or anyone.

As a girl I find built up/vaguely stocky short guys seriously hot.

(Also, personality/behaviour is more or less what determines your success with women anyway. Not looks.)

Also, 5'6 isn't that short at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As a girl I find built up/vaguely stocky short guys seriously hot.

(Also, personality/behaviour is more or less what determines your success with women anyway. Not looks.)
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6ft2, bow down to me!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.