Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As a girl I find built up/vaguely stocky short guys seriously hot.

(Also, personality/behaviour is more or less what determines your success with women anyway. Not looks.)
    I like how you've kept anon about such a dirty secret, very wise!

(Original post by Trouser Snake)
    I like how you've kept anon about such a dirty secret, very wise!
    :p: It would...make things awkward with my short friends who read this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    It's not arrogant. It's 24 years of life speaking. You're 17. I really don't care what do you think about me, this makes no difference - if you think I'm arrogant, that's fine, I just feel indifference for you.

I know from my own experience that more often than not, I just have nothing to talk about with people who dismiss others purely on the merits of height. Because, more often than not, along with it comes dismissing people on the merits of race, nationality, accent etc. etc., and just general lack of tolerance, open-mindness and general failure in life. I'm not attracted to people who don't have fun in life, I'm attracted to people who are unique, can keep life at distance and are generally chilled out non-conformists.

People who judge others by their height and use it as a mere criteria when looking for a friend/partner rarely, if ever have the features aforementioned.

But then, again, it's my 24 years of life in 3 different countries and meeting literally thousands of people from various different backgrounds speaking. You're 17 though. You obviously know better, don't you?

I'll tell you something: you grow out of it. With time.

Agreed, it's no different from a bloke saying he wouldn't date anyone with breasts smaller than a D-cup - and imagine the ripping you would get on here for suggesting that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    and imagine the ripping you would get on here for suggesting that.
    I got ripped for the post that you quoted, by the very same 17 year old wisecrack that was going into debate with me here. :rolleyes:

Kid. I posrepped her in return - just to prove how little she and her reps mean to me and prove my point of feeling indifference towards her.

ReputationRep:
    get hench

ReputationRep:
    Lol dude, why are you complaining. I'm nearly 20, and I'm 5'2. It's a bit of a pisstake and yeah I suppose you get depressed about it from time to time due to the inability to do specific things and pull the tall biatch, but life goes on. Plus the petite girls have it all popping off, nahmsayiiin.

ReputationRep:
    Just remember that some girls like shorter guys. I really don't think i could date anyone above about 5'8". It's just too tall for me. The couple of inches above me hight is perfect. You'll do fine, be confident and don't let it get to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    Nelson, Stalin, Napoleon...all 5'3ish. Yet they killed loads of people. Not all bad.
    Myth, Napaoleon was actually taller than 5'3

ReputationRep:
    :p: It would...make things awkward with my short friends who read this.
    Well I'll be open about it, short guys are hot! :p: So long as they're not skinny :coma:

ReputationRep:
    im 19 and im 6,1.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy, 21, and 5' 6.

Personally, I have never been too conscious of my height but after failing to attract a couple of girls I liked my mates suggested it could be because I was a 'midget'.

So for the last couple of months I have become increasingly self-conscious of my height and whilst on a hospital work placement, I realised that doctors (my future profession) are invariably tall and I am convinced that this is a factor conferring respect.

I have yet to meet a male med student shorter than me and am considering growth hormone treatment. Is this a good idea? How are other short males out there coping?
    Urgh! This is what makes me angry!
    As somewho who has actually needed growth hormone treatment in the past (yes i'm a girl but i'm 4ft 11 and would have been 4ft 5 or something ridiculous without treatment) you need to MAN the **** UP

ReputationRep:
    lolthread.

I'm 5'9'' and I don't particularly enjoy being short. That said, I don't think I would be... happier if I were any taller. I don't think it would change my life in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunOfABeach)
    lolthread.

I'm 5'9'' and I don't particularly enjoy being short. That said, I don't think I would be... happier if I were any taller. I don't think it would change my life in the slightest.
    You're not short, you're average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    HA whats them being a med student got to do with anything! did you get with him?
    Well.. he said that they were all tall in that profession, and I was merely clearing up that they weren't.

And no, he didn't have the Yellow Pages with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    You're not short, you're average.
    Nope. Average Height in the UK for males aged 18-25 is 5'10''.

ReputationRep:
    Well in that case you're just below average lol. Doesn't make you short.

ReputationRep:
    5'6 is not short.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, but the average height for all males in the UK is 5'9", so we are average height!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Ah yes, but the average height for all males in the UK is 5'9", so we are average height!
    rofl old people are shorter than young people which is why overall height goes down when you include everyone :p:

I ought to hang out with old people more often. They will probably make me feel better about my height :woo:

Plus they drink tea. I love tea.

ReputationRep:
    rofl old people are shorter than young people which is why overall height goes down when you include everyone :p:

I ought to hang out with old people more often. They will probably make me feel better about my height :woo:

Plus they drink tea. I love tea.
    Exactly. I still wouldn't classify as 5'9" being short for modern day standards. It's just on the lesser side of average.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.