Turn on thread page Beta

Whose 'side' are you on in this piece of dialogue? watch

ReputationRep:
    Dialogue between two characters

Girl: Whose is it?
    Boy: I don’t know.
    Girl: You obviously do, so can you stop lying.
    Boy: I’m not lying.
    Girl: So you’re saying somebody just crept into your room and left it here? Don’t you think that’s a bit weird?
    Boy: Obviously I’m not saying that, I just don’t know how it got there. Stop being so weird about it! I mean, god, why does it even matter?
    Girl: Because I know you’re lying, and you could actually be honest enough to admit it, but no, of course you’re not.
    Boy: Can you stop saying I’m lying? I thought it was yours.
    Girl: When have you ever seen me wearing that?
    Boy: That doesn’t mean it’s not yours.
    Girl: Why would I throw it on your floor without having ever worn it?
    Boy: How am I supposed to know…
    Girl: Well, I didn’t. Which obviously you know.
    Boy: Can you stop being so paranoid?
    Girl: Paranoid?! How is it paranoid to think that someone you’re meant to be in a relationship with is cheating when you see that on his bedroom floor! What do you want me to say? Oh, lovely underwear, by the way!
    Boy: Cheating?
    Girl: Are you?
    Boy: No!
    Girl: Well then what the hell?
    Boy: Look, I don’t know, okay? Maybe my mum’s got a new boyfriend or something, I don’t know. What are you doing? Don’t touch it!
    Girl: Your mum, yeah? What did she do, drop down to a size eight and then back up to a sixteen in the space of a week?
    Boy: Wait -
    Girl: Just…don’t even bother.

ReputationRep:
    I just wasted 10 minuets of my life trying to understand that.

Where do I invoice you for these 10 minuets?

ReputationRep:
    I left the dress in his room, sorry to mess up your relationship

ReputationRep:
    The girl's.

Where's the cat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    I just wasted 10 minuets of my life trying to understand that.
    well then you're a bit dumb, aren't you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well if the guy is telling the truth then him, if not then the girl's :lolwut:.

Id have to say though, how would 'cheating' involve a girl leaving her underwear on your floor? One would assume she would put it back on when she left.

ReputationRep:
    You're just bitter because she broke up with you. It's your own fault for cheating.

ReputationRep:
    The girls. Is this an argument which you had recently, or just a random thing you found on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    just wanna know if its a realistic sounding convo lol, cos i cba to try and do my homework well.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's difficult to be on anyone's side because we don't really know the whole circumstances, but I find it easier to sympathise with the girl. But that's only because the guy MIGHT be cheating, and the girl probably isn't lying about it/them not being hers.

EDIT: Oh, I see. Well I think they should refer more specifically to the item of clothing on the floor - I thought it was an argument you'd had and you just didn't want to say what it was.

ReputationRep:
    It needs more sex and violence to be realistic. Can the girl slap the guy, then soon after they have make-up sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Where's the cat?
    Exactly what I was thinking!

ReputationRep:
    underwear in his bedroom that isnt urs?

the girls side

ReputationRep:
    Girl: Whose is it?
    Boy: I don’t know.
    Girl: You obviously do, so can you stop lying.
    Boy: I’m not lying.
    Girl: So you’re saying somebody just crept into your room and left it here? Don’t you think that’s a bit weird?
    Boy: Obviously I’m not saying that, I just don’t know how it got there. Stop being so weird about it! I mean, god, why does it even matter?
    Girl: Because I know you’re lying, and you could actually be honest enough to admit it, but no, of course you’re not.
    Boy: Can you stop saying I’m lying? I thought it was yours.
    Girl: When have you ever seen me wearing that?
    Boy: That doesn’t mean it’s not yours.
    Girl: Why would I throw it on your floor without having ever worn it?
    Boy: How am I supposed to know…
    Girl: Well, I didn’t. Which obviously you know.
    Boy: Can you stop being so paranoid?
    Girl: Paranoid?! How is it paranoid to think that someone you’re meant to be in a relationship with is cheating when you see that on his bedroom floor! What do you want me to say? Oh, lovely underwear, by the way!
    Boy: Cheating?
    Girl: Are you?
    Boy: No!
    Girl: Well then what the hell?
    Boy: Look, I don’t know, okay? Maybe my mum’s got a new boyfriend or something, I don’t know. What are you doing? Don’t touch it!
    Girl: Your mum, yeah? What did she do, drop down to a size eight and then back up to a sixteen in the space of a week?
    Boy: Wait -
    Girl: Just…don’t even bother.

[Boy and Girl begin relations]
    [Knock at door]

Man: Hey, I've come to fix your boiler... Need a hand? [sexy voice]

(Fixed).
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, this seems a really clichéd dialogue, and I can't look past that to take a side. I've never actually heard of this happening. But if it did I would expect much more swearing.

ReputationRep:
    The guy's.

ReputationRep:
    They both sound like chumps - perfect for each other.
    But on the guy's side; gotta have trust.

I'm assuming you are expecting to guys/girls to take side of their own sex.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a GCSE creative writing piece. She sounds a bit annoying, like all stereotypical female characters.

ReputationRep:
    Girls.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.