The Student Room Group

I don't want to go prom ...

Scroll to see replies

i didnt go to the prom. i don regret it at all. spend a few days after though with my mates. thats all that matters - having a good time with people you like the most. dont feel pressured into anything. :smile:
I didn't want to go, but both have been amazing nights. It doesn't matter if you hate everyone in your year - just have a good time with your friends. They were probably only trying to make you go because they think you'll regret it if you don't.

If it's causing you that much stress though, just don't go. The worst thing that can happen is you'll miss a good night. Your friends will forgive you.
Reply 42
One of my friends didn't go and I don't think she's so fussed about it now. Can't you explain to your friends the reasons for why you're choosing not to go (calmly)? If they're your true friends, they'll respect you. If not, then it'll probably be better if you meet some new people next year. Good luck :smile:
ParadigmShift

Or not, wtvs.
good :smile:
Reply 44
I didn't go to prom, I couldn't really afford it.

It really did get annoying when people kept going on about it. I took myself off to the library and studied.
Reply 45
Be a Yes Woman.
Just don't go to the Prom.

Most proms are boring anyway.
I REALLY did'nt want to go to mine either but in the end i did and it was surprisingly good.

I think you should go, you're only going to regret it if you don't.
Reply 48
i dont want to go either. but its not such a big deal
Just stick to your guns and don't go. Proms are **** and a complete waste of money anyway.
didnt go 2 mine either, mainly because i was sick of school and was glad i was leaving but i don't regret it even though my friends had a good time but i still spend time with them and its done now so...:smile: if you don't wanna go don't but it's up 2 you, OP x
If you really don't want to then don't, it's your choice at te end of the day.

However anyone I know that didnt go says now that they wish they had. I loved my prom, the groups that didn't normally talk or communicate at all were all togheter having a laugh, dancing with each other...such a magical night!!! Wish I could do it all again!
I assume the OP is American or have British schools started to import this pointless event?

If you don't want to go to 'prom' then don't. Most folk in the UK see school for what it is, a transitional period of their lives that should be dealt with and then rather quickly forgotten for more notable events such as uni/work and generally being a free adult.
It's your choice but I recommend spontaneously combusting then imploding and finally eating 674214799 pizzas
im the exact same but i have a weird feeling that my parents will be disapointed in me for not going like my sister did because shes the

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending