Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yeah, if your result is unconditional do not phone the office as forms are sent by the faculty. Just be patient and you'll receive the form in the post around friday or saturday. People who don't get into accomodation will be contacted towards the end of next week. Good luck to anyone waiting on results and be patient with us staff, we're gonna be working as hard as we can!

ReputationRep:
    The staff were really helpful over my ucas ordeal.

Had to send off my btec results today cause they hadnt been send to the course faculty and then it was all good

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, is solent uni any good from an education point of view? I have been given an offer through clearing for Software engineering, thanks

and also what about accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I will be studying Film & TV, 3rd year, got a transfer. Anyone here already studying that?

ReputationRep:
    i sent my international accommodation booking form the 13th sept. to the uni and only received a mail a day later that they got my booking form and will be considering it. but since then i haven't got a confirmation or residence agreement til now and i'm really starting to get worried. i'm calling the uni tomorrow but i had so many problems with the mails in the past and the uni staff having no idea and being really not helpful that i'm not expecting to find out anything. so i'm asking you, is it normal to wait for the accommodation confirmation/rejection for like 1 1/2 weeks?! i mean, i've got to plan my journey, book a ferry place and my dad needs to take an extra break for driving me from germany to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard of anyone receiving it in a less than a week. I've been waiting almost a week for my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasin_arshad)
    hey guys, is solent uni any good from an education point of view? I have been given an offer through clearing for Software engineering, thanks

and also what about accommodation?
    I am doing an IT related subject (Computer Games Design) and am also scared about the weight it will hold and just exactly how well/how much I will be taught/learn :/.

But I am still REALLY looking forward to it - Southampton looks amazing!

ReputationRep:
    i got my accommodation offer today, it was in the post and clearly not the unis fault because it took 10 full days for airmail to proceed my letters! i'm so happy having everything done finally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraUK)
    i got my accommodation offer today, it was in the post and clearly not the unis fault because it took 10 full days for airmail to proceed my letters! i'm so happy having everything done finally.
    See you there! I'm an International Student Guide this year, so if you make it to International Welcome Week I'll be around helping out the new international students.

ReputationRep:
    I am doing an IT related subject (Computer Games Design) and am also scared about the weight it will hold and just exactly how well/how much I will be taught/learn :/.

But I am still REALLY looking forward to it - Southampton looks amazing!
    I'm going to be studying software engineering in solent starting from september and was also concerned about this but after checking on the solent website, it states that the course is accredited by BCS (the British Computer Society) which is a chartered institue for IT so hopefully it wont be too much of a problem getting a job after.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

I'm heading to solent to study Performance anyone taking the course/is on the course at the moment? whats it like?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.