Turn on thread page Beta

If you found a Marauders Map... watch

ReputationRep:
    Would you use it? Is it ethical? An invasion of privacy?

If I found one, I would probably check to see if the coast was clear before going to take a shower, or check if the uni porter was in if I wanted to collect a parcel. I'd also use it to check how full the library was, or how many people there are in Greggs.

Quite boring reasons, but what about you?

ReputationRep:
    It is of no real use to me without the cloak of invisibility. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    wtf is the Marauders Map?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    My thoughts exactly.

ReputationRep:
    lol, some dodgy map from harry potter....

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what I would actually use it for. I suppose I could see if people were in their rooms without having to walk 2m...

ReputationRep:
    I would so use it! But it's useless with an Invisibility Cloak!

ReputationRep:
    I think I, too, would use it for checking queues (though it'd have to span a 10 mile radius from my house to be 100% effective).

It's the kind of thing that'd also be useful for those times when I'm desperately trying to wrap and hide a present before my boyfriend comes home, too. It'd reduce the panic or give me a warning. :p:

ReputationRep:
    My Map would shows where ever I am, at school it will show school in a old castle it will show the castle etc. And I would become a spy. :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    Is it a map of a specific area or just the general area around wherever you happen to be stood? This will influence my use of it. Marauders Map + Invisibility Cloak = Greater than the sum of their parts.

ReputationRep:
    def to see when my sister is in the shower.

awwww yeah!

ReputationRep:
    I would probably use it for mischief.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming its a map for any place, then I would use it to infiltrate government buildings around the world stealing every country's military secrets. Then I would steal tonnes of cash to hire my own private army then declare war on every country in the world. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wardy23)
    Is it a map of a specific area or just the general area around wherever you happen to be stood? This will influence my use of it. Marauders Map + Invisibility Cloak = Greater than the sum of their parts.
    I think it's the area around you. E.g. if I was at uni, it'd be the uni campus.

(Original post by bigjoebob90)
    def to see when my sister is in the shower.

awwww yeah!
    You do realise that all you'd see is a dot? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Getting rich by finding Osama bin Laden.
    Great success.

ReputationRep:
    I hope I don't get my hands on one. I'd give in to temptation of all sorts in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't the map have to be ridiculously large and detailed to be of any use at all?

I hardly want a map of my own house.

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Brown already has one. It's called MI5.

They're watching you. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Only the coolest thing one could wish for! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i would use it to check on where my sister is cos i worry about her so much - she is the best sister in the world and i couldnt imagine anything bad happening to her

also theres this really fit girl i know and id be wondering what shes up to :sly:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.