Turn on thread page Beta

Need advice on tattoo :) watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so basically (this is my first thread, hope it works!) i've been thinking about getting a very small tattoo for a while and i was thinking maybe a butterfly like one of these

http://tattoodesignspictures.com/wp-...s-gallery4.jpg

to symbolise feeling free coming out of depression and stuff. i was thinking of getting it just in from the hip bone if that makes sense - so it can be easily hidden by jeans but i'll know its there

i was just wanting peoples ideas on whether they think this would look good or not/ if it would be a turnoff

thanks! x

(btw before people say, i'm not going to base it on what people say/think i was just wanting some views on what it would look like as its a big deal for me )

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't find tattoos that attractive, but that one's quite nice
    Go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Im a fan of tattoos as long as they mean something to you, and aren't done for the sake of them. That one looks nice and simple, but as you said means something to you. I think its a good one!

ReputationRep:
    very nice design, if you are arty or know someone who is id say get an original design done for you not just a copy as its got a specific meaning.

sounds like a good place too, somewhere that isnt always on show, makes it more personal

ReputationRep:
    its cute it symbols something in your life too which you are moving on from which is nice.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it.

ReputationRep:
    That's really pretty You could always try personalising it a bit so that it's more yours, if you get what I mean, though

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the feedback and good point about personalising it with an original design

ReputationRep:
    I like it, would you have the dragonfly too? its takes up a big area of flesh for a small tattoo. What about something smaller like this without the stars but more simple construction like those in your pic without shading, or this....how odd is this one

ReputationRep:
    In my view, that design combined with the position you want it in, will look incredibly tacky. The butterflies you've linked look like those transfer tattoos that little kids wear.

I'm not saying don't get butterflies - it's a lovely idea because it's personal to you, but commission someone to design you something a little more tasteful. I always think small tattoos look really dainty and discreet on the inside of a wrist, too.

But at the end of the day, it's your skin, so do what you want with it!

(Original post by ReachForTheStars)
    Thanks for the feedback and good point about personalising it with an original design
    It looks really nice, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Jennie1987
    I like it, would you have the dragonfly too? its takes up a big area of flesh for a small tattoo. What about something smaller like this without the stars but more simple construction like those in your pic without shading, or this....how odd is this one
    errm not sure about the dragonfly tbh, still deciding precisely what to have - i like the first link you said, so will consider that too that last one is odd haha :P thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReachForTheStars)
    Okay so basically (this is my first thread, hope it works!) i've been thinking about getting a very small tattoo for a while and i was thinking maybe a butterfly like one of these

http://tattoodesignspictures.com/wp-...s-gallery4.jpg

to symbolise feeling free coming out of depression and stuff. i was thinking of getting it just in from the hip bone if that makes sense - so it can be easily hidden by jeans but i'll know its there

i was just wanting peoples ideas on whether they think this would look good or not/ if it would be a turnoff

thanks! x

(btw before people say, i'm not going to base it on what people say/think i was just wanting some views on what it would look like as its a big deal for me )
    I think it's really niceand usually i hate tattoos. i think the fact that its to symbolise something so important is also really lovely and means you probably won't hate it in the future! also, the desgn is so cute- not at all tacky and cartoonish. GET IT
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I think it's nice

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of butterfly tattoos, but thats actually really nice!
    If you're unsure at all, don't get it. I know when I'm sure about mine because I get really excited.

ReputationRep:
    If they are not too big, they seem quite cute. Otherwise, I personally find tatoos on a girl a major turn-off.

ReputationRep:
    Err it's not needed to be honest.....

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. It's a nice design and most impotant of all, you can say why you want to have it done. It's a permanent reminder (that's why we have tattoos, non-tattoo people) of something important to you. I'd echo the need, if you can, to make the design more personal, or even unique (I designed my own and took them to the parlour), to you if possible; but in these cases I think they're subtle, minimalist and rather beautiful, so if you were happy with these then they will make you happy for a lifetime.

Never get a tattoo just for the sake of getting a tattoo.

ReputationRep:
    i think its nice and it will look good as well. and the fact it means something makes it even better i have 2 at the moment which both represent things and am booking a 3rd ]

Hope you have got all the answers you want
    x

ReputationRep:
    Defo great idea, but as someone else said, have a slightly different one that is personal to you. Also b/w is great and a good choice, coloured tattoos can look tacky.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.