Turn on thread page Beta

what's this drink likely to be? watch

ReputationRep:
    Last time I went to a funeral they had this incredible drink, it was so nice (and I got rather merry off it too :p: ), I asked my mum and she said it was sherry. But I just bought a bottle of cream sherry (they had cream or dry but cream said on the bottle it was sweeter) and although it's pretty damn nice it's not a touch on this other stuff I had. It was a little lighter in colour than red wine and very sweet but also quite a high alcohol content - it went down really easy. Lovely stuff I want to buy some. Anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    Port? It's like red wine but a lot sweeter and stronger (and it's lush!)

ReputationRep:
    Some other kind of desert wine, or Port?

ReputationRep:
    maybs vermouth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Port? It's like red wine but a lot sweeter and stronger (and it's lush!)
    I guess I'm going to have to buy a bottle of port to test :p:

I've only tried port in a cheeky vimto (I think?) and it was pretty nice so maybe. Do they normally serve port at funerals? there was lots of old people there and they seemed to like the drink too.

thanks

(Original post by wallpaper)
    maybs vermouth?
    Looking at the wiki page I don't think it was that. It didn't taste of spices, it was just really sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Old people are partial to port. Try it with some strong cheese and crackers/baguette, for the full taste experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Old people are partial to port. Try it with some strong cheese and crackers/baguette, for the full taste experience.
    Thanks for the heads up

Port or a sweet Madeira would be my guess. Marsala?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe wait around until someone else crokes it, then try some again and remember to ask some one?

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.