Turn on thread page Beta

Feel like I've failed at life and missed so many opportunities watch

ReputationRep:
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm
    - Sir Winston Churchill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Exactly what the title says. I'm at university and am so sick of all the different types of rejection that I've received over the years:
    I got rejected 3 times for talent competitions at my high school
    I got rejected from Camp America last week for not being skilled enough
    I never get the guys I want EVER (and/or they haven't made a move or shown they're interested in me)
    I got rejected from this charity organisation at my university which I was SOOO passionate about and instead it went to the popular kids who dominated it. And I didn't know them so I couldn't get involved.
    I got rejected from sport teams when I was younger.
    I got rejected from all the auditions for my university theatre.
    I got rejected from being head girl.
    I got rejected from my dream university.

I feel like such a loser and am so depressed because I'm not good at anything. I've entered a few competitions but I bet I'll also get rejected from them too. Whats the point in even carrying on?
    Need advice and encouragement from others because I'm at a loss and feel so pathetic right now-everyone excels at something right, except me. And I'm sick of bitterly resenting the popular students who get whatever they want whilst they don't even know my name.
    EPIC FAIL....

ReputationRep:
    TBH, you probably applied for camp america far to late in the day and they did release a list of skills they no longer needed a week ago due to the large numbers that have applied this year.

ReputationRep:
    Also, go on Youtube and look up "Rowling Harvard speech". She talks extensively of her own failure in life. I believe Harry Potter was rejected by twelve publishers before getting published!

ReputationRep:
    wah wah wah

You sound utterly pathetic, and young. I saw a woman with no legs in a wheelchair in the street the other day and it put all of my petty little problems into perspective. You can't be liked by everyone; learn this fundamental fact of life and get over your complex.

You got rejected from a talent competition? How old are you, seriously GROW UP and stop annoying the generality of TSR with your emo self pity.

ReputationRep:
    "I got rejected 3 times for talent competitions at my high school"
    So you haven't got talent-so what? Who cares? No-one's perfect.
    Just enjoy life as it comes.

ReputationRep:
    What you feel you've failed, you've gained back in empathy and understanding. If you can understand your own feelings, you'll be able to help others who feel exactly like you cheer up! its a few years late, but knowing your not alone and that you have potential to help others not feel that way is a great thing

ReputationRep:
    Cheer up

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you look at it in the sense that you sound like an interesting individual, who is open to new experiences and tries many different things.

Carry on what you are doing, always put in the most effort you can and I'm sure you will succeed.

ReputationRep:
    S'up with reprising all these old threads ffs!?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2012
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.