Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So as everyone knows, the deadlift is the king of the powerlifts(screw the squat)... However I have a problem with it. Recovering from even 1 set of 5 every M/W/F is a bit much for me... how many times a week and how many sets does everyone else do?

ReputationRep:
    How much do you pull?

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing 3 heavy pulls of a week? Why?

Even on the base SS routine you pull every other session which ends up being once or twice a week, and not for long. Now I just pull once a week.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't think anyone pulls as frequently as you do. Do them every other session, or specifically lay out a session for them (if you're having a light session on Wednesday, that's when most people put them in).

(Original post by Smack)
    I don't think anyone pulls as frequently as you do. Do them every other session, or specifically lay out a session for them (if you're having a light session on Wednesday, that's when most people put them in).
    I do :p:.

But wouldn't recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    Like they've said, you shoulden't be deadlifting 3 times a week. 1-2 times a week is better, no need to do 3.

if you're pulling real heavy, I cant see anyone being able to pull numerous times a week, once at the most

ReputationRep:
    It's okay to do multiple sets of 5 though right? As in 5 x 3?

(Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    It's okay to do multiple sets of 5 though right? As in 5 x 3?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Usually do 3x5 (3 sets) once a week and manage to recover ok for squats in two days time.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    How much do you lift Dan?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.