Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm starting my as's next year, and one of them is german, and although i would probably be fine without it, i would quite like to go to a german camp to really improve etc., particularly since i'm doing the german pre-u which i believe is harder than the normal a level?
    anyway, i was wondering if anyone could recommend to me a good residential german course i could do over the summer....there seem to be lots for french, but i haven't really found any for german which is a veritable shame
    thank you in advance!!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumpelstilskin)
    i'm starting my as's next year, and one of them is german, and although i would probably be fine without it, i would quite like to go to a german camp to really improve etc., particularly since i'm doing the german pre-u which i believe is harder than the normal a level?
    anyway, i was wondering if anyone could recommend to me a good residential german course i could do over the summer....there seem to be lots for french, but i haven't really found any for german which is a veritable shame
    thank you in advance!!
    xxx
    Great initiative Have you thought of staying with a family instead? The great thing about it is that you won't have anyone speaking english to stop you getting the most out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Goethe Institut is probably the most famous for courses but they can be quite expensive.

ReputationRep:
    heyy thanks =)
    just looked at the goethe institute - i didn't know they did residential courses, but they look quite nice... you don't happen to know which ones are more popular with 16-17 year olds do you? i just don't really want to be taking lessons with lots of people younger than me

i did consider staying with a family, but i'm doing a compulsory month long exchange with my school next summer and i would sort of prefer to do a camp for the social-ness of it =)

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumpelstilskin)
    heyy thanks =)
    just looked at the goethe institute - i didn't know they did residential courses, but they look quite nice... you don't happen to know which ones are more popular with 16-17 year olds do you? i just don't really want to be taking lessons with lots of people younger than me

i did consider staying with a family, but i'm doing a compulsory month long exchange with my school next summer and i would sort of prefer to do a camp for the social-ness of it =)

xxx
    I don't I'm afraid, but I imagine you wouldn't get loads of young people, particularly people younger than 16. I think some people I know were interested in the intensive courses. I agree with you on the social side, it makes stuff a lot easier.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 28, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.