The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I personally think it's easier to walk in taller heels- I find courts etc really difficult! Just practice walking and dancing in them at home on a hard surface :smile:
Reply 21
The straps around the ankle will make it easier but you don't want to remember prom as the night you had enormous blisters!
Haha, anyway, those shoes are gorgeousss :O I would get them myself but I'm not a fan of online shopping. If you don't wear heels often I would definitely get some smaller ones and practice. And no matter what anyone will tell you, they will hurt, but they are gorgeous enough for it :P
Do you have a dress yet? If so can we see a picture? If not, it might be hard finding one that will go with the shoes.. I really like them though :smile:

I didn't wear massive heels but mine still hurt as they were new. Spend a lot of time wearing them beforehand, not just around the house (it is never the same :frown:)

Btw, you are stunning! You remind me of Charlize Theron!
Reply 24
Ladipidoo
Hah yeah, but I, personally, hate shoes which show toes. :afraid: There's just something about the that puts me off quite badly. :colondollar:
And d/w, it honestly didn't sound patronising. :smile:

Edit: I quite like your jumper, though. :coma: Where's it from? :ninja:

Primarkkkk =)
Its ugly, I like it very much :yep:
Reply 25
lolololol
Do you have a dress yet? If so can we see a picture? If not, it might be hard finding one that will go with the shoes.. I really like them though :smile:

I didn't wear massive heels but mine still hurt as they were new. Spend a lot of time wearing them beforehand, not just around the house (it is never the same :frown:)

Btw, you are stunning! You remind me of Charlize Theron!

Umm umm, well I really really dont want a formal, long, fat dress. Sooo, I'm going for a shorter one, hopefully navy.. I havn't found an exact one yet, but its early days.
If all else fails im going for this (in navy) and I will pimp it a bit to make it a little more formal. But I hate all that stereotypical tiara ****. :smile:
I wore 4 inch heels to my prom, and was 5'7 at the time :smile: I kept them on all night, danced in them, and only took them off to walk home. We didn't have all that much time for dancing though. If you like thme, wear them :smile:
These are the best invention ever :p: They fold up small really well, and are comfy enough to walk/dance when you put them on. Shove a pair in your bag!
They are amazing! Practice makes perfect, I don't struggle in my 5' heels and I have several pairs! shoes more like that I find easier to wear too! I think I do better cos I have realatively large feet (7) if you have small feet you make struggle
Reply 28
rainbowbex
They are amazing! Practice makes perfect, I don't struggle in my 5' heels and I have several pairs! shoes more like that I find easier to wear too! I think I do better cos I have realatively large feet (7) if you have small feet you make struggle

Yeah, I am a 8/7.. but they dont have size 8 :s-smilie: However, a couple of my mates have said that heels are best being a little too small that too big? I have a few pairs of size 7 shoes.. but mostly size 8. Hmmm!
Reply 29
They look stupid. The colours are horrible, the heel is ridiculous, and why the **** would you want your foot to slant in such an unnatural way? Also, £65 is a scandalous price for such an item.
Totally feel your pain, I drool over heels all the time but I'm tall enough already and I just can't handle them :colondollar:

I say go for it and just practice walking around in them loads before, there's nothing worse than someone staggering around in heels they can't wear. You might end up just taking them off anyway, loads of people at my prom did :yep:
Reply 31
5 inch heel = love :biggrin:
Seriously just wear them around like people say - not only will it get you used to walking in heels - which always makes you look better - but it will make that pair of shoes more comfortable :smile:
If you've got a few weeks till your prom then I'd go for them - plus I think they'd look really nice with that dress you linked and a clutch :rolleyes:
Nooo don't do it. My highest are 4inch and they are so hard to walk in, and I've been in heels for 4years. And dancing and being taller than the boys is just no.

Beastie shoes though
april_happy
Primarkkkk =)
Its ugly, I like it very much :yep:

Oooo! It's quite pretty. :h:
Reply 34
I've just removed 31 posts from this thread - please keep it on topic or I'll have to close it.
Reply 35
*River
I've just removed 31 posts from this thread - please keep it on topic or I'll have to close it.

Urmm, thank you?
You can close it if you really want lady, I think its had its time.
Don't wear them for prom! your mums right, you won't be able to dance in them at all and you'll end up taking them off...
Im talking from past experience, my prom, i was bare foot nearly all night :biggrin:
Reply 37
They cover pretty much your whole foot so they shouldn't be that difficult to walk in. Personally I think "wear them in beforehand" doesn't really work because you just end up with pre-existing blisters so the sore spots hurt even before you wear them for real. Just take a few plasters out with you. But then again I never even bother buying shoes unless they're comfortable. I say get them. :smile:
Reply 38
I bought a pair of 5 inch KG's once.. ended up returning them because they were actually impossible to walk in!!
But these have straps so you should be ok...
Reply 39
i work 6 and a half inches to prom, im nearly 6 foot :biggrin:
i managed to stay in them all night! :biggrin:

Latest