Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think I need to lose weight? Is this too heavy for my height?

ReputationRep:
    are u a guy/girl

ReputationRep:
    Girl or boy?

Girl - I don't know
    Boy - no, too light if anything.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not.

Im a girl, sorry that was a stupid thing to omit.

ReputationRep:
    No, that's pretty much perfect.

ReputationRep:
    well i am a female of 5foot 4.5 inches high and i weigh 10stone and im in my ideal weight for my age and my build (slim)

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5 foot 8 and 9 stone 6. So pretty similar to you. I'm generally happy with my weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you think I need to lose weight? Is this too heavy for my height?
    Yes. Yes you do need to loose about half a stone. Although what are your natural measurements? If you have wide hips and chest, it could look acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    I'm your height and like 9 stone 6 but I'm pretty unhappy with my body. :sad:
    You may look great though. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I think that's fine

Rihanna is 5'8" and I remember reading in some magazine that she weights 10 stone (I remembered because I'm 5'8" too, not because I a Rihanna stalker or anything)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojospacemunky)
    well i am a female of 5foot 4.5 inches high and i weigh 10stone and im in my ideal weight for my age and my build (slim)
    Yeah, pigs also fly, the sky is green, and it's all a conspiracy....

(Original post by Mazty)
    Yes. Yes you do need to loose about half a stone. Although what are your natural measurements? If you have wide hips and chest, it could look acceptable.
    You sound like one of those guys who likes skinny girls :p: so you reckon 9 and a half stone, or 9?

ReputationRep:
    SNAPPPPP.
    We are fine =)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    That is fine.

I am 5'4 and 9 stone and I currently look a bit too skinny even though 8.5 stone is supposedly the recommended weight for my height. As long as you're comfortable with it and you're healthy, weight doesn't matter much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingshoes10)
    I think that's fine

Rihanna is 5'8" and I remember reading in some magazine that she weights 10 stone (I remembered because I'm 5'8" too, not because I a Rihanna stalker or anything)
    OMG! Really? She has my ideal figure. :love:

ReputationRep:
    It sounds about right to me - I'm the same height and a few pounds heavier than that and i'm perfectly happy (but then I have just lost almost 3 stone so being this weight is brilliant!)

ReputationRep:
    Whatever Adonis comes back with, you need to ignore it.

Also, 5'8" and 10 stone is perfectly fine

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends largely upon your body build and composition - I'm no expert, but I'm the same height as you and about 9 stone 4, but on me that looks quite bulky and a bit flabby, so I'm making an effort to cut down on what I eat and go to the gym more. On plenty of my friends though, that looks perfectly healthy and fairly slender (not skinny).

ReputationRep:
    I'm shorter than you (5'6") and weight 10 stone. I'm not overweight (size 10-12) so you should be fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.