Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

5 foot 8 and 10 stone watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    lol I am same height as you and I am almost 14 stones. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You sound like one of those guys who likes skinny girls :p: so you reckon 9 and a half stone, or 9?
    Nah athletic is the way forward haha.
    If you work out and say get a good mid-rift going etc you'd probably look great at 9 and a half, but possible 9 depending on your build.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

(Original post by Mazty)
    Nah athletic is the way forward haha.
    If you work out and say get a good mid-rift going etc you'd probably look great at 9 and a half, but possible 9 depending on your build.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
    I think Im going to make my aim 9, but then if i cant get below 9 and a half i dont think its that major. Sometimes you have a weight that you tend to stay at...thanks for your opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    Whatever Adonis comes back with, you need to ignore it.

Also, 5'8" and 10 stone is perfectly fine

LOL

I was gonna say 'that's a fine weight'

but she will ignore that now and diet down x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    That is fine.

I am 5'4 and 9 stone and I currently look a bit too skinny even though 8.5 stone is supposedly the recommended weight for my height. As long as you're comfortable with it and you're healthy, weight doesn't matter much.
    Really? Because I'm 5'7'' and 9 stone... And I could do with losing a few pounds.

ReputationRep:
    You're a healthy weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you think I need to lose weight? Is this too heavy for my height?
    If you are a guy you are fine as i am your height but only weigh half a stone less. If your a girl it's still ok.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Really? Because I'm 5'7'' and 9 stone... And I could do with losing a few pounds.
    It's just my build, I think! I have quite a curvy figure naturally and atm I'm just a little too skinny in some places. :dontknow: Stupid work. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft8 and 10 1/2 stone and it's perfect weight-wise for me, though I still look skinny so it depends on your build as I have friends who weigh less than me but look bigger - 10 stone is fine though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    LOL

I was gonna say 'that's a fine weight'

but she will ignore that now and diet down x

I bet you were

Though, I doubt she'd diet down due to the majority of answers she got anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Think its dependant on your build/race/BMI amongst other things, to me 5' 8 and 10 stone sounds slim, i weigh about the same and im a good deal shorter, yet have never been overweight (if we are discounting the dreaded puppy fat stages when we were little) and wear a size 10, so i'd say stop stressing!! you sound healthy and not over weight to me.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to think it's fine seeing as I'm an inch or two shorter and a few pounds lighter.

ReputationRep:
    This must make your BMI somewhere around 20? can't be bothered to work it out but my BMI is 21 and i'm that weight-ish and 5'7". This is ideal. Being 9 stone would probably make you underwight...but don't hold me to that, I'm no mathematician. Also, sidenote on my figure: i have a large bust which means unless I'm wearing something figure-hugging (which is rare) I look pretty big; sad times.

ReputationRep:
    Should be fine , im a bloke 5ft 9 and i weight about 12 stone and im in decent shape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojospacemunky)
    well i am a female of 5foot 4.5 inches high and i weigh 10stone and im in my ideal weight for my age and my build (slim)
    No. You're overweight. Quite a bit overweight, actually. You should be about 8 stone.

ReputationRep:
    Gawd... don't obsess over weight. It's inaccurate for measuring size, fat percentage, what looks good on you - muscle and bone mass are different in different people. Ask your friends confidentially, tell them to be brutally honest. Don't ask randoms on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand how some people are the same height/weight but bigger than others apparently the same height/weight. surely build wont make that much difference?
    im 5ft 11 and weigh about 9st 7, which is size 8/10, so i cant work out what size you would be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    I'm 5ft8 and 10 1/2 stone and it's perfect weight-wise for me, though I still look skinny so it depends on your build as I have friends who weigh less than me but look bigger - 10 stone is fine though.
    this majorly confuses me for example, im taller than you by about 3 inches, and weigh about a stone less, and i dont think i look 'skinny', yes im slim but not skinny, so how can you sometimes look skinny when you are shorter and weigh more than me?
    im not criticizing at all or doubting how slim you are, just majorly confused hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    No. You're overweight. Quite a bit overweight, actually. You should be about 8 stone.
    ive never in my life been 8 stone ive always been between 9-10 stone and if im overweight then this is me and love to know where the FAT is then that makes me overweight thanks

Me in December 2009 on my birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojospacemunky)
    ive never in my life been 8 stone ive always been between 9-10 stone and if im overweight then this is me and love to know where the FAT is then that makes me overweight thanks

Me in December 2009 on my birthday
    Nothing too wrong with having some extra flab. You're not obese, if that's what you're worried about.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.