Turn on thread page Beta

5 foot 8 and 10 stone watch

If you're fat, lose weight. If you're not then dont.

Can we all use this formula next time someone decides to make a 'am i fat' thread & not show any pics. How are we supposed to know if you should lose weight off these incredibly vague details? It'll suit some people & not others so stating your height & weight is just pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polly1101)
    this majorly confuses me for example, im taller than you by about 3 inches, and weigh about a stone less, and i dont think i look 'skinny', yes im slim but not skinny, so how can you sometimes look skinny when you are shorter and weigh more than me?
    im not criticizing at all or doubting how slim you are, just majorly confused hehe
    I dunno it confuses me too, I think I carry most of my weight in my bum and thighs because my waist is very slim, but then i'm pretty slim all over...big head, weighs a lot maybe haha?

(Original post by dancingshoes10)
    I think that's fine

Rihanna is 5'8" and I remember reading in some magazine that she weights 10 stone (I remembered because I'm 5'8" too, not because I a Rihanna stalker or anything)
    Lies, i bet you know every single detail down to her blood type :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    in boxing terms, you'd be in the light welterweight/welterwight division and most people are between 5'6-5'9.
    You're fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    No. You're overweight. Quite a bit overweight, actually. You should be about 8 stone.
    Untrue, you can be that weight and height and have an healthy BMI and be of adequate fitness for your needs and environment (depending on your build/gender), anything thing else is just personal perception, which is fine as long as it doesn't encourage somone to be unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    Look, 10 stone sounds a bit too heavy, for your height 8.5 - 9.5 would make you look and feel better.

ReputationRep:
    im 5'8" and 9 and half stone - ive just come from the hospital (had an operation) and was told this is the average healthy weight for the height

however i would prefer to be 7 and a half stone again the weight i was before my son when i was an inch shorter

ill also add it depends on other factors

i was 7 and a half as i had virtually no body fat prior to pregnancy due to being a vegetarian all my life so i was very slim but healthy

if your athletic you will be heavier, i have a friend who is tiny but i wouldnt be suprised if she weighs the same as me because she has abs to die for due to being a fitness instructor

my other best friend is an inch taller than me an at her smallest was only half a stone heavier than me but looked much bigger due to carrying her weight in her upper body instead of lower body (shes a lollypop shape im a pear shape)

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5"11 and 12 1/2 stone. I'd kill to be you're weight! It's perfect for your height. You should be between 91/2-11 for that height

ReputationRep:
    We need.... Pictures, images. Stuff to look at

Makes it easier to give advice of course

Sorry to hijack, Im a male, 5'9" weighing 60kg, very little muscle and about 20-30% body fat. What weight would i be looking to aim for if i did weight training? 75kg?

I'm 5'8" are 11 stone. SHOCK HORROR. I'm a size UK 10-12. Shoot me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 5'8" are 11 stone. SHOCK HORROR. I'm a size UK 10-12. Shoot me.
    Defensive, much?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2013
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.