Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AccoMmodation question please [URGENT] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting uni officially in two weeks, for February start I need pay £200 as deposit for uni hall, i've got that, the weekly rent is £65 and £2,650 for a year, i'm planning to pay my rent with my maintenance grant or even getting a maitenance loan, as i definately do not have money for rent, and my grant wont come through until a month later, does university expect me to start paying for my accomodation immediately? or will i be alright just paying £200 deposit and explain i've applied for loan and will be able to start paying later. Thanks
    please shed some light i've got 0 idea about accommodation

ReputationRep:
    It is difficult to answer your query as every university have their own rules about this. I will suggest you to contact your university accommodation office directly as they will be in the best position to give you definite answer.

ReputationRep:
    Speak to your university accomodation office, chances are they'll delay the payment until your grant goes into your bank account. Also, you should have a student overdraft set up, for instance, I'm with Santander (previously known as Abby in the good old days) and I have an interest free overdraft of £1000, it helps when student finance is delayed like this.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.