Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

5''10/11 at 18.....Anymore growth after 18? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The title says it all.......aimed at those above 18

Q1: Do you think (forget the phrase "it depends" please) a person could grow 2/3 inches after 18?

Q2: How much have you grown since you were 18?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    i've grown just less than an inch in the 2 years since i was 18. i think you dont technically stop till you're about 25ish, but well i imagine its extreememly slow growth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwentyTen)
    The title says it all.......aimed at those above 18

Q1: Do you think (forget the phrase "it depends" please) a person could grow 2/3 inches after 18?

Q2: How much have you grown since you were 18?

Thank you
    Im just like you dude, and was thinking of the same question, i wish we could grow more! what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Generally males stop growing after 21

You've got ages yet

ReputationRep:
    depends on the individual.... i was 6'3" at 17..... haven't grown a micrometer since then....

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm 18 and over the last couple of months I've grown at least an inch.

But I think your heights's pretty perfect for a guy anyway !

ReputationRep:
    I've been 5'10 for a few years now, don't really see the problem :?

ReputationRep:
    Yeap you continue growing till your 21 any growth that happens will probably be marginal. Having said that growth depends on a number of factors and varies from individual to individual...so i would say just lie and say your 6ft if thats what your aiming for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOV3R)
    Im just like you dude, and was thinking of the same question, i wish we could grow more! what do you think?
    Nutrition in your growing years is quite important, according to the doctor, even until 21, that's all I got really....The more developed countries seem to have higher heights from some research (there are many exceptions....I know how TSR is) and nutrition is a significant factor apparently, not as much as good ol' genes though...I'm gonna drink milk, eat fruit, steak etc like *beep*

ReputationRep:
    I stopped growing when I was about 15 I think. But its different for different people. I know one guy who has gone from about 5ft4 - 6ft since he was about 17ish.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I haven't grown much since I was 15 I'm a girl though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanzeel)
    depends on the individual.... i was 6'3" at 17..... haven't grown a micrometer since then....
    lol Refer to original post .....doesn't really matter

I just wanna hit 6"nothing, that would be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwentyTen)
    lol Refer to original post .....doesn't really matter

I just wanna hit 6"nothing, that would be perfect.
    Can you pos rep me mate plz, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostArtOfMurder)
    Well I'm 18 and over the last couple of months I've grown at least an inch.

But I think your heights's pretty perfect for a guy anyway
    !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I haven't grown much since I was 15 I'm a girl though.
    Hey is that you in your profile pic?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't grown more than an inch since I was 17. 19 now and I'm 5 foot 9, oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOV3R)
    Can you pos rep me mate plz, thanks
    It would be my first rep AND it's pretty worthless. Why do you need it?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly 1.77m when I left for uni in September, and I was about 1 or 2 cm shorter than my dad. I think i've grown 1 - 2cm since coming to uni ~ I found myself to be the same height as my dad in Christmas. I somehow feel slightly taller as well. My dad was tiny when he started university (5'7 or 5'8 I believe, with small feet) and had a growth spurt in university. He eventually hit 1.80 at his peak (he's 1.78 or 1.79 now) with UK 10 feet. So i'm hoping to follow in his footsteps, and hopefully hit the 6 foot mark.

Oddly enough, I was consistently 73 - 74kg during the first term of university. Then after spending just over 3 weeks at home for christmas, with an improved eating habit, I jumped to 78kg and am now 79kg. I know that this is somewhat irrelevant to height. But perhaps, gaining FOUR kilograms in 3 weeks can be attributed to a growth spurt? Fingers crossed.

OP: Statistically, you'll probably only grow a further maximum of 1cm, 2cm is unlikely.

Be happy with your height. 5'10/11 is approximately average.

ReputationRep:
    You're a nice height at the moment, but yeah, it's possible. My brother was your height at 18 and was 6'3.75" at 21. He just had loads of sudden growth spurts.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by LOV3R)
    Hey is that you in your profile pic?
    It's Lady GaGa! :love:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.