Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey i remember i used to read posts by a classic car nut on here who had the username j.c. where has he gone? i used to quite enjoy his controversial disregard for others opinions!

ReputationRep:
    His last post was a month ago - he's about 23/24 so maybe he decided he'd outgrown the forum or something?

ReputationRep:
    maybe he's became a serious, serious (i mean serious) car man, and moved onto Pistonheads, instead of the amateur, and in comparison laughable motoring forum on this site.

ReputationRep:
    Ive noticed that isnt his girlfriend on here

ReputationRep:
    Yeh Porscha!

Not sure, holiday!? No one ever leaves this forum, he will be back.

I would hardly call this forum amateur, lots of professional people in here who know what they are talking about. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    filming the new series of topgear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Yeh Porscha!

Not sure, holiday!? No one ever leaves this forum, he will be back.

I would hardly call this forum amateur, lots of professional people in here who know what they are talking about. :mad:
    compared to pistonheads it is.

(Original post by PJ991)
    Yes lets compare a motor dedicated forum to a student one with a subsection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    Meh, Pistonheads is huge though, as good as it is, trying to find any information in the pistonheads forum is like trying to find a needle in a haystack! If you want really specific then yeh, PH is great, but this is pretty good for generic stuff I would say.

PH is good at what it does, and this forum is good at what it does i.e. give people direction and a clue about what it is. PH could probably diagnose the fault, but only because you could ask a group of people with the same car!

PH is MUCH bigger than TSR and because of that, of course it is in a different league. But I think saying this forum is amateur and implying it is full of amateurs is harsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Yes lets compare a motor dedicated forum to a student one with a subsection.
    considering JC. mostly posted in the motoring forum, I don't see why its unreasonable to suggest he might have moved there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    maybe he's became a serious, serious (i mean serious) car man, and moved onto Pistonheads, instead of the amateur, and in comparison laughable motoring forum on this site.
    You don't like this motoring forum? So long then; make sure the door doesn't hit you on the way out...

Plenty of people from here post on PH as well...but being a PH'er doesn't make you any less of an 'amateur'. Besides, we can't be that bad - they linked to us!

I'm sure JC knew about PH ages ago, on the basis that Porscha! has plenty of posts over there and attends some meets. I'm sure he knew of its existence well before last month!

Besides, nobody limits themselves to just one forum. I love both PH and this place, but this place is much smaller and feels like more of a close-knit community, which is nice. PH is more a collection of around 20 smaller forums. You'll find posters with 1000s of posts in GG who never venture into P&P, and vice-versa. People have 1000s of posts in the TVR section and never venture elsewhere. You can't fairly compare this place to PH.

Not sure where JC's got to - hope he's just on a temporary break as he was full of technical info and his "I'm right and if you disagree, poke it up your arse" style of posts cracked me up!

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?

And as Sync stated - most people seem to come back. I've been here for 5 years! I still haven't outgrown this forum!

ReputationRep:
    jeremy clarkson?

ReputationRep:
    He's got AIDs.

I heard..........

I've seen him driving down past my house, how weirds that?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.