Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

I havent posted in a while, been at uni a few months and finally realized a few things! Most of all.. how many people feel screwed over by thier halls and management of it?

I've seen some ridiculous (in my eyes and others) fines handed out and people who just keep causing trouble and making other peoples lives a misery and the inability to remove people who simply cannot 'play by the rules'.

Im in a whole lot of rubbish myself atm after a tiny bit of damage in the kitchen while hammered, with some other student who attempted to 'frame' me so he doesnt get kicked out on a last warning!

Its fantastic to have all my friends but incredibly annoying when this stuff crops up, i feel some folk are persecuted!

I could moan for hours, this story is a good one, have myself a lovely 'formal disciplinary hearing' which in itself is a waste of my time.

Anyone else know of or had ridiculous fines handed out etc?

ReputationRep:
    I was fined once for a fire extinguisher being let off (I had nothing to do with it), think it was £5. I was annoyed at the time! This was also at Hull btw, Reckitt ftw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graphixx)

I've seen some ridiculous (in my eyes and others) fines handed out and people who just keep causing trouble and making other peoples lives a misery

It'll humour me if you could share an example or two of fines, after all, i'll be a resident in Sept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie_Tor)
    It'll humour me if you could share an example or two of fines, after all, i'll be a resident in Sept.
    We've had a £500 for bieng on a wardens roof to a guy in our block, got appealed down to £100.

Theres a guy at needler hall with a suspended £1000 fine so im told by a friend there!

Just behave is all i can say, try and stay away from the trouble.. it'll bite you when you wake up and the domestic staff find odd items or screwed up kitchens!

(Original post by Sisko_197)
    reckitt ftw!
    Fire Extinguisher fines i know have ranged from £10 - £200 across the lawns! haha

My favourite is the £1.00 per glass bottle if you dont empty them in your kitchen to the bottle bank after certain amount of days!

You can understand why they do it..
    sometimes its just funny!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the bottle thing was terrible; they would just pile up in large festering crates. We never had fines though thankfully! I suppose my problem is with communal fines regardless of an individuals circumstances.

I remember people got fined for carving things into doors, although frequently it was the people who lived inside the room who got the fine even though they generally weren't the ones doing the carving.

ReputationRep:
    The Rumour of a suspended fine at Needler is a myth.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.