The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Genetics, imho.
Reply 2
People from every continent have exploited their own people, either in the distant past or more recently. (I think)

I didn't really read the rest tbh.
Reply 3
ciawhobat
Genetics, imho.

Yup, in some ways I agree with you. I mean the Africans do not look economical in anyway. I mean even the Latino are starting to make progress and Asia is ahead of them and Africa only progress is south Africa and the rich part of south Africa and that not no where near the heart of Africa.
Reply 4
Nah, countries like Ethopia colonised parts of the middle east too. Africa wasn't always victims, the slavery you were talking about is when slavery was widespread- i.e. colourless and not specific to nationality, so you can't say africa were only victimes. Individual countries in Africa have each unique things about them and their own history (stop generalising). You need to research it. All we know is how Britain & Europe colonised these countries and after, not what they were before.
Reply 5
EskimoJo
People from every continent have exploited their own people, either in the distant past or more recently. (I think)

I didn't really read the rest tbh.

Well, if you did you would of realised that I gave examples on how it was beneficial, Africa’s exploitation was nowhere near beneficial as it was with the Europeans and the Asians and the Latino’s.
Reply 6
jonjon123
Throughout history different ethnic groups came to Africa and used the "Africans" as cheap labour. The Arabs used them and then the Europeans. Why hadn't the Africans ever tried to invade the Middle East or even Europe through Egypt or morocco? I mean it was the Arabs that conquered Spain? Why was it always Europeans or Arabs that have had golden ages and what not? I mean middle eastern and European history are very interesting, yes they have some exploitation but look most of the African history is very depressing. FFS, we used to exploit our own people, who does that? Most people use other people, e.g. the Arabs are using Bengali’s/Indians as builders and the Ethiopians as servants and maids. Yes, I know china does it but when china does it, it is beneficial to its economy I mean china and India are becoming developed very fast. The Europeans basically wiped out poverty and the European version of poverty is Africa version of middle class. The middle easterners weren’t that good with money BUT they do look after their CITZENS (Arabs) very well e.g. Qatar and UAE. Even the "Arab" African countries have less poverty even though some African generates more income?

PS, I am black.

PSS, I am talking about native Africans, you know not Algerians and Moroccans.

Read and understand your history, do this before you think about ******* posting again. What does it matter, I'll sit back and watch this thread descend to ignorance and stupidity.
Reply 7
jonjon123
Throughout history different ethnic groups came to Africa and used the "Africans" as cheap labour. The Arabs used them and then the Europeans. Why hadn't the Africans ever tried to invade the Middle East or even Europe through Egypt or morocco? I mean it was the Arabs that conquered Spain? Why was it always Europeans or Arabs that have had golden ages and what not? I mean middle eastern and European history are very interesting, yes they have some exploitation but look most of the African history is very depressing. FFS, we used to exploit our own people, who does that? Most people use other people, e.g. the Arabs are using Bengali’s/Indians as builders and the Ethiopians as servants and maids. Yes, I know china does it but when china does it, it is beneficial to its economy I mean china and India are becoming developed very fast. The Europeans basically wiped out poverty and the European version of poverty is Africa version of middle class. The middle easterners weren’t that good with money BUT they do look after their CITZENS (Arabs) very well e.g. Qatar and UAE. Even the "Arab" African countries have less poverty even though some African generates more income?

PS, I am black.

PSS, I am talking about native Africans, you know not Algerians and Moroccans.

Algerians and Morrocans are also africans... Again you know very little about Africa pre-colonisation. Just do your research , why post on TSR, you're just going to get some replies from random teenage social darwinists.
Reply 8
MJlover
Nah, countries like Ethopia colonised parts of the middle east too. Africa wasn't always victims, the slavery you were talking about is when slavery was widespread- i.e. colourless and not specific to nationality, so you can't say africa were only victimes. Individual countries in Africa have each unique things about them and their own history (stop generalising). You need to research it. All we know is how Britain & Europe colonised these countries and after, not what they were before.

Source for the ethiopia claim? Also, africa where the largest slaves. I mean afro-turks, afro-arabs, african americans and black british.
Reply 9
jonjon123
Well, if you did you would of realised that I gave examples on how it was beneficial, Africa’s exploitation was nowhere near beneficial as it was with the Europeans and the Asians and the Latino’s.

Hmmm, it seems like someone needs to take a trip to the library, you don't have to respond to this. High likelihood you're a moron so I know you wont.
Reply 10
MJlover
Algerians and Morrocans are also africans... Again you know very little about Africa pre-colonisation. Just do your research , why post on TSR, you're just going to get some replies from random teenage social darwinists.

Thankyou, beginning to think I was he only sane person here.
Reply 11
because of the man :mad:
Reply 12
MJlover

Listen, I said native Africans. Stop being in denial.
MJlover

LOL, i couldn't put it better.

yeah look up Nubia, or search i think its In Search of Africa on BBC iplayer
The rest of the world beat you to gunpowder.

On a more serious but related note, perhaps the fertility of Africa(?) (ie ease of acquisition of nutrients through hunting and foraging) would mean that small tribes rather than larger agricultural communities developed. Larger agricultural communities could support an intelligent middle/ upper class who can spend their time inventing weapons rather than tracking buffalo.

Maybe i'm talking *****. Sociological Historians/ Historical Sociologists?
Reply 15
vin
because of the man :mad:

The man that abused us and tortured us, while building our economy and putting a stop to backward cultures.
Reply 16
The Illuminati.
Reply 17
jonjon123

Maybe that's because after exploiting each other, the Africans suddenly found themselves being badly exploited by other nations. So while Europeans exploited each other, they were then left to sort things out. If people of a different race suddenly came and took loads of people away from Europe to other continents, killing many of them in the process, they would have struggled too.
Yes, Africans kept slaves of their own race, but I think being slaves of other people (and 'having' to sell off your slaves to avoid the risk of being a slave yourself) did a hell of a lot of damage.

I dunno if that made any sense by the way! :s-smilie:

Anyway, I get the feeling you (like me) need to do a lot of reading and research.
Reply 18
AreYouExperienced?
LOL, i couldn't put it better.

yeah look up Nubia, or search i think its In Search of Africa on BBC iplayer

Bishamon
Thankyou, beginning to think I was he only sane person here.

Okay, then let me rephrase the "black" Africans.
Am i the only that is very confused about what the OP has stated? :lolwut:

Latest

Trending

Trending