Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjon123)
    Throughout history different ethnic groups came to Africa and used the "Africans" as cheap labour. The Arabs used them and then the Europeans. Why hadn't the Africans ever tried to invade the Middle East or even Europe through Egypt or morocco? I mean it was the Arabs that conquered Spain? Why was it always Europeans or Arabs that have had golden ages and what not? I mean middle eastern and European history are very interesting, yes they have some exploitation but look most of the African history is very depressing. FFS, we used to exploit our own people, who does that? Most people use other people, e.g. the Arabs are using Bengali’s/Indians as builders and the Ethiopians as servants and maids. Yes, I know china does it but when china does it, it is beneficial to its economy I mean china and India are becoming developed very fast. The Europeans basically wiped out poverty and the European version of poverty is Africa version of middle class. The middle easterners weren’t that good with money BUT they do look after their CITZENS (Arabs) very well e.g. Qatar and UAE. Even the "Arab" African countries have less poverty even though some African generates more income?

PS, I am black.

PSS, I am talking about native Africans, you know not Algerians and Moroccans.
    Please read these books to give you enlightenment:
    • Before the Mayflower: A History of Black America by Lerone Bennett Jr.
    • Africa and Africans in the Making of the Atlantic World, 1400 – 1800 by John Thornton
    • Pre-colonial Black Africa by Cheikh Anta Diop
    • African Religions and Philosophy by John S. Mbiti

ReputationRep:
    OP is not African.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    And here people, we have an ape. Its funny, the information is at your fingertips yet you choose to remain ignorant. The ingrained stupidity of the human condition is just breathtaking in some. The BBC even did a four/five part documentary detailing various kingdoms and empires within the sub-saharan region yet you still choose to remain blind. I really do feel that in this changing and ever developing world, the likes of you will truly have no hope.
    That was a bit OTT; the person only asked a question and here you are resorting to a personal attack when you know very little about them. The likes of you have no hope, at work will you abuse someone verbally just for asking a question? If so then you will grow to enjoy recieving P45's in the post.

Just because you are safe behind the computer/laptop/whatever doesn't mean that you can be rude towards other people, for if you did this in the real world then you'd be in hospital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    anthing north of the sahara are pretty much arab types and caucasians.......600AD they came in and took north africa...the desert does act as a good barrier....hence the term sub-saharan african....ethiopians and somalians are grey areas.
    No, we're not grey areas. We are pretty much black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    No, we're not grey areas. We are pretty much black.
    you're a grey area love! off you pop sweetheart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    you're a grey area love! off you pop sweetheart
    No, there was some intermingling from Indian emigrants but that was with a small part of the population...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    That was a bit OTT; the person only asked a question and here you are resorting to a personal attack when you know very little about them. The likes of you have no hope, at work will you abuse someone verbally just for asking a question? If so then you will grow to enjoy recieving P45's in the post.

Just because you are safe behind the computer/laptop/whatever doesn't mean that you can be rude towards other people, for if you did this in the real world then you'd be in hospital.
    Firstly, I think there are a few here who would gladly testify the fact I could probably get rude to quite a few peoples faces and get away with it. Secondly the poster to which I replied was being an ignorant buffoon and thus was dealt with accordingly. There is indeed no excuse to sit in front of a COMPUTER with access to THE INTERNET and type that you have an inability to acknowledge the existence of precolonial African social development. He has made numerous questionable statements and from that I have gathered that he knows little of the subject he engages in, an all to common trait of users on this site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    No, there was some intermingling from Indian emigrants but that was with a small part of the population...

Where did you get that from? Sources please?
    Somalis are as much native black/Africans as Nigerians ..

White man from Norway is more paleskin
    than someone who comes from Ireland or Italy but are still classified as White Europeans. So why speculate without making sense about NorthEastern African countries such as Somalia Ethiopia and Djibouti has Asian blood in them .. I mean where did you get that from ? don't tell me it's just because of the way you look .. LMAO.

Just because God created Somalia and Ethiopia Djibouti with different
    features and hair type doesn't mean you minggled with Indians ..

Perhaps you need to learn your history from your relatives
    go back home and learn.

For God sake woman .. Are you taking the piss .. please tell em you are

Human beings first evolved in East Africa.
    (RNTN) Basing their conclusions on the most recent DNA research studies, paleo-anthropologists now believe that human beings first evolved in East Africa around 200,000 years ago and from there migrated to Central Asia about 40,000 to 50,000 years ago and then populated Europe and the Americas 12,000 to 15,000 years ago. Thus, from an evolutionary perspective, everyone in the world – from the darkest-skinned person in the Congo to the lightest-skinned person in Sweden – is of African ancestry.

Link
    http://www.washingtoninformer.com/AR...2006Jan26.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiterallyInsane)
    Where did you get that from? Sources please?
    Somalis are as much native black/Africans as Nigerians ..

White man from Norway is more paleskin
    than someone who comes from Ireland or Italy but are still classified as White Europeans. So why speculate without making sense about NorthEastern African countries such as Somalia Ethiopia and Djibouti has Asian blood in them .. I mean where did you get that from ? don't tell me it's just because of the way you look .. LMAO.

Just because God created Somalia and Ethiopia Djibouti with different
    features and hair type doesn't mean you minggled with Indians ..

Perhaps you need to learn your history from your relatives
    go back home and learn.

For God sake woman .. Are you taking the piss .. please tell em you are

Human beings first evolved in East Africa.
    (RNTN) Basing their conclusions on the most recent DNA research studies, paleo-anthropologists now believe that human beings first evolved in East Africa around 200,000 years ago and from there migrated to Central Asia about 40,000 to 50,000 years ago and then populated Europe and the Americas 12,000 to 15,000 years ago. Thus, from an evolutionary perspective, everyone in the world – from the darkest-skinned person in the Congo to the lightest-skinned person in Sweden – is of African ancestry.

Link
    http://www.washingtoninformer.com/AR...2006Jan26.html
    I was interested and reading what you put until you mentioned 'God'....it made everything you put irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    I decided to read the rest and you seem to confusing yourself....you're going down the route of everyone comes from africa originally so everyone is African. Which obviously in this discussion is utterly pointless........

your answer to the thread title may as well be..'africans are always the victims because everyone is african'

ReputationRep:
    Jackman you don't get what I am trying to prove to MJlover

She believes her people are mixed when infact they are not. They are pure black just like their neighbours Kenya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiterallyInsane)
    Jackman you don't get what I am trying to prove to MJlover

She believes her people are mixed when infact they are not. They are pure black just like their neighbours Kenya
    Yeah but how does everyone came from east africa prove that middle eastern or indian influence hasn't been there??

Saying that I don't know the point that races became caucasian, oriential etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliciaJ703)
    Please read these books to give you enlightenment:
    • Before the Mayflower: A History of Black America by Lerone Bennett Jr.
    • Africa and Africans in the Making of the Atlantic World, 1400 – 1800 by John Thornton
    • Pre-colonial Black Africa by Cheikh Anta Diop
    • African Religions and Philosophy by John S. Mbiti
    Another good read is 'When We Ruled' by Robin Walker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BreY)
    Another good read is 'When We Ruled' by Robin Walker.
    I going to check this book out. Good recommendation. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    seriously??? like have you even heard of african civilisations like Nubia, the Mali empire, the Benin empire, the Songhai empire, Ethiopia (which in fact, defeated the Italians), etc etc? Go do some research, try studying African history or something. we weren't always victims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maghreblover)
    Ethiopia (which in fact, defeated the Italians), etc etc?
    Tewodros II of Ethiopia for example.

You should read the book "Barefoot Emperor."

It's excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Yes please!
    Black Ivory by James Walvin is a good book. Is a history of slavery in the British Empire and its easy to read.

The Slavery Reader edited by James Walvin and Gad Hueman is a good book for learning about slavery in the Atlantic. Its a collection of essays which are generally quite interesting. Some of the essays are easy to read and some a little more difficult.

G. Heuman, The Caribbean is a good history of slavery in the Caribbean.

Olaudah Equiano, The interesting narrative of the life of Olaudah Equiano is a book written by an ex slave about being abducted from Africa and life as a slave. Is a good primary source although its now generally accepted that he was born in the Americas and his history of being abducted and the middle passage was created from stories told to him by other slaves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Firstly, I think there are a few here who would gladly testify the fact I could probably get rude to quite a few peoples faces and get away with it. Secondly the poster to which I replied was being an ignorant buffoon and thus was dealt with accordingly. There is indeed no excuse to sit in front of a COMPUTER with access to THE INTERNET and type that you have an inability to acknowledge the existence of precolonial African social development. He has made numerous questionable statements and from that I have gathered that he knows little of the subject he engages in, an all to common trait of users on this site.
    Whilst I agreed with your general point I felt you were a bit too excited with your wording.

I do have to also point out that this was probably a troll who wants to remind people about slavery. No-one can be this ignorant on the issue.

ReputationRep:
    The mentality of people from sub-Saharan Africa allows them to be exploited, I’ve recently travelled there and my mother is a Kenyan national of Asian heritage – and there is this ‘fix it for me attitude’, All nations and races have been exploited in the past – not just the African’s yet, if you look at sub – Saharan Africa now, they’re not helping themselves, thus, they will not recover from that period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maghreblover)
    seriously??? like have you even heard of african civilisations like Nubia, the Mali empire, the Benin empire, the Songhai empire, Ethiopia (which in fact, defeated the Italians), etc etc? Go do some research, try studying African history or something. we weren't always victims.
    yeah but they all got smashed by the other races and never conquered anyone outside of Africa....Ethiopia defended themselves against the Italians, it's not like they conquered them or beat them in all out war.....You don't exactly class Vietnamese more advance and dominant than America now do you?

But saying all this....as soon as Europe started totally dominating 500 years ago...no one has really been able to defend themselves or do much. I mean we took Inida, North America, Africa and Australia...everyone got whooped.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.