Turn on thread page Beta

Would you live with someone who had a pet snake? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a pet snake and will be going uni in sep. Really dont want to re-home him, but i dont want it to be hard for me to live with mates and find good accommodation.
    Anyones view on living in the same house as a snake please.
    So if i do need to re-home him i will have plenty of time to find him a good home.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it would be quite cool, as long as it wouldnt come out of its...erm is it terrarium that it lives in? what kind of snake is it?

the only thing that would put me off is; I once heard a story about a woman who let her large snake free roam in her house, and had such a close relationship with it that it used to slither onto her bed every night and stretch itself out next to her. the only suspicious part of this was that it really did stretch out, like strained to. Apparently this was the snake's way of seeing whether she would fit in it if it ate her whole. Lovely.

but yeah, i wouldn't mind at all lol

i love snakes.

ReputationRep:
    as long as it doesn't kill me,....take up my part of the room, eat my food etc......its cool, infact its subzero

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't...
    I deteste snake..
    The sight of them makes my skin crawl.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, why not? As long as it's safe and hygienic. I wouldn't particularly want to, but it wouldn't be enough to put me off a nice flatmate.

ReputationRep:
    I live with my kingsnake :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    that's what she said oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

no. it doesn't make sense. but you mentioned snakes. couldn't resist. apologies

ReputationRep:
    yes:love:

ReputationRep:
    Snakes are fun pets. I wouldn't be put off by it.

ReputationRep:
    my mum works with someone who has a pet snake. . . that was untill it escaped and they now have a python loose in their house somewhere :p:

that story has put me off people with snakes so no i prob wouldn't lol

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be awesome =)

I have 8 fish tanks and a gerbilarium and I'm living with two housemates and my partner. To be fair, I only had one tiny fish tank when I moved in . . . but still.

Snakes are awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have two snakes, some people were repulsed by them which is fair enough but the majority were prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. Good conversation starters are snakes.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what kind. I read a story about a man's boa constrictor that escaped one night and killed his step-daughter. The 911 call was recorded and it was really harrowing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouExperienced?)
    I personally think it would be quite cool, as long as it wouldnt come out of its...erm is it terrarium that it lives in? what kind of snake is it?

the only thing that would put me off is; I once heard a story about a woman who let her large snake free roam in her house, and had such a close relationship with it that it used to slither onto her bed every night and stretch itself out next to her. the only suspicious part of this was that it really did stretch out, like strained to. Apparently this was the snake's way of seeing whether she would fit in it if it ate her whole. Lovely.

but yeah, i wouldn't mind at all lol
    Yeah I heard about that story too lol. Mines only a corn so there would be noway of it trying to eat a human lol. It tends to try and get close with my cats tho; kinda funny as he can only manage a mouse.

ReputationRep:
    No, never lol snakes aren't supposed to be kept as a pet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    No, never lol snakes aren't supposed to be kept as a pet.
    You could say that about any animal tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    Yeah I heard about that story too lol. Mines only a corn so there would be noway of it trying to eat a human lol. It tends to try and get close with my cats tho; kinda funny as he can only manage a mouse.
    lol

it sounds quite cute actually, how old is it/do they live for?

i'd probably come into your room and look at it alot..

..your snake that is

I would, think there cool animals and awesome pets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouExperienced?)
    lol

it sounds quite cute actually, how old is it/do they live for?

i'd probably come into your room and look at it alot..

..your snake that is
    Lol hes only 2 years old so still a baby really. prob live for about 15-20 yrs tho. I have a mate thats always asking me when im going to feed him, quite funny!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.