Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you live with someone who had a pet snake? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    You could say that about any animal tho.
    Fishes are less of a hazard than snakes though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSkyFire)
    Im sure they are, but i would'nt swap my snake for a dumb fish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    Lol hes only 2 years old so still a baby really. prob live for about 15-20 yrs tho. I have a mate thats always asking me when im going to feed him, quite funny!
    i think i would get one, apart from the many negative reactions towards it, are they clean animals, liek do you have to clean them out alot..and is it a terrarium they are kept in was i right?

and yeah i remember i went to an eco camp thing when i was younger and feeding of the snake was my favourite part, what do you feed it, dead mice? 15-20 years!!! wow, how big will it get/ how big is it now?

you've gone and awoken my curiosity sorry lol:woo:

ReputationRep:
    fish, Fish, sorry but the plural is fish..

ReputationRep:
    About the only pet I couldn't live with is a dog - can't stand the creatures. Snakes, lizards, tarantulas... It's all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouExperienced?)
    fish, Fish, sorry but the plural is fish..
    I know the singular and plural, fishes just looks cuter lol

ReputationRep:
    I know the singular and plural, fishes just looks cuter lol
    well then, my apologies, have all the fishes in the world

it does sound cuter actually..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    About the only pet I couldn't live with is a dog - can't stand the creatures. Snakes, lizards, tarantulas... It's all good.
    I couldn't live with a dog nor reptiles and spiders, but i could live with a cat.

having exotic animals as a pet is a bit too far as these animals are vulnerable to all sorts of psychological and behavioural problems.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that would be quite cool, I don't mind snakes.
    What do you feed it?

ReputationRep:
    I hope that every girl would!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    I have a pet snake and will be going uni in sep. Really dont want to re-home him, but i dont want it to be hard for me to live with mates and find good accommodation.
    Anyones view on living in the same house as a snake please.
    So if i do need to re-home him i will have plenty of time to find him a good home.

Thanks
    Are you going to live in halls or private accommodation cause if you do you should do some research in your uni policy on pets - most unis don't allow any pets.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the fish, lol.

I'm scared of putting my hands in with the sea urchins and lion fish at work . . . *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
    Depends on the fish, lol.

I'm scared of putting my hands in with the sea urchins and lion fish at work . . . *shudders*
    Very true, but its not like im keeping a pet rattle snake in my room. lol

ReputationRep:
    I would because I love snakes, hope to own a false water cobra sometime.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't bother me, just give them heads up when its hungry and it manages to escape

ReputationRep:
    although im sort of afraid of snake biting ppl lol.. but i think it's pretty awesome to have a snake pet at ur dorm. You should ask your roommates first if anyone of them can't tolerate snake "]
    if they say it's fine, then everything is cool and nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    I have a pet snake and will be going uni in sep. Really dont want to re-home him, but i dont want it to be hard for me to live with mates and find good accommodation.
    Anyones view on living in the same house as a snake please.
    So if i do need to re-home him i will have plenty of time to find him a good home.

Thanks
    Personally i wouldn't but that's because i've got a phobia.
    But you've also got to think about how many landlords would let you have a snake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gm15)
    Personally i wouldn't but that's because i've got a phobia.
    But you've also got to think about how many landlords would let you have a snake
    I dont think it would be a problem with the landlord, they are a lot less messy and smelly than a hamster.

Maybe if you lived with someone who had a snake you could try and rid yourself of the phobia. (only an idea, not like we need more stress while studying) What is about snakes that you dont like?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to feed yours live rabbits?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6gZE0MdaVY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mykk3i)
    although im sort of afraid of snake biting ppl lol.. but i think it's pretty awesome to have a snake pet at ur dorm. You should ask your roommates first if anyone of them can't tolerate snake "]
    if they say it's fine, then everything is cool and nice!
    He has only bitten my dad once, when i was on holiday, as he feed him and didnt wash his hands when he went to pick him up. He could smell the mouse on him and believed his finger was one. Their eyesight isnt that good, they taste the air.

Not sure if i could get away with keeping him in a dorm tho, as some of the unis i have applied to, all dorms have cleaners. Dont think its really fair for my parents to look after him for a whole year, until i move into a house. Dont kno what to do.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.