Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    Yeah I agree too, see i think its really silly to be scaried of something because you feel you have too.

Your second point, however, i dont agree as you can say that about any living thing on this planet!
    yup

yeah that is true. i just really dislike them intently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    If it was one of these bad boys I'd be a bit hesitant:

That is one crazy big ass snake!!!:eek:
    Although i have to say that, im sure a snake that could eat 2 humans, at the same time, proberly wont fit in my room!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    He has only bitten my dad once, when i was on holiday, as he feed him and didnt wash his hands when he went to pick him up. He could smell the mouse on him and believed his finger was one. Their eyesight isnt that good, they taste the air.

Not sure if i could get away with keeping him in a dorm tho, as some of the unis i have applied to, all dorms have cleaners. Dont think its really fair for my parents to look after him for a whole year, until i move into a house. Dont kno what to do.
    your parents doesn't like the snake? and ur dorm doesn't allow pets??
    "d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    If it was one of these bad boys I'd be a bit hesitant:

are you for real? that a snake could be that [email protected][email protected] one might think it's some mutated snake @[email protected] or dinosaur like snake from billion years ago:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mykk3i)
    are you for real? that a snake could be that [email protected][email protected] one might think it's some mutated snake @[email protected] or dinosaur like snake from billion years ago:eek3:
    Apparently that snake was 140 years old :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I'd love living with someone who had a pet snake, more pets the better in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    your parents doesn't like the snake? and ur dorm doesn't allow pets??
    "d
    My parents dont mind him, but im not at uni yet.

ReputationRep:
    Snakes come longer and much much thinker than that, and they can swim which is scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    That is one crazy big ass snake!!!:eek:
    Although i have to say that, im sure a snake that could eat 2 humans, at the same time, proberly wont fit in my room!
    Have to say, I felt bad for the 12 ft Burmese python in that video. He just lived in a quite small terrarium without a lot of room. Poor guy...no natural habitat, either. I don't think snakes that get that big should be kept as pets, except (possibly) by herpetologists.

Still, snakes are ******* awesome. Creepy (I get a primal thrill looking at them), but awesome. Do you feed yours live mice or frozen?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sadder]When my friend lived in South Africa they had live Pythons slithering around in their house when they weren't in to deter burglars. Crazy stuff QUOTE]Prober crazy:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Never being near one before, Id be a bit scared, and would check it couldnt escape and eat me... but if it was safe, it would be really interesting and a great way to make friends! =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ticktockclock)
    The only animal in the whole world im scared of is a snake - big, medium, large im terrified. I guess you could call it a phobia, ive never seen one in real life but when i see them on tv i always put my feet up and keep looking around just to make sure there arent any about lol. If i found one in my house or garden i would move house. It makes me sad and scared to think that one of my neighbours could be keeping a boa constrictor as a pet.
    Ophidiophobia :yes: I'm absolutely terrified of snakes - even if they're behind glass at the zoo, can't look at them on TV (I bring my feet up too), can't look at pictures. They fill me with great anxiety, I've even been reduced to tears just by looking at a picture of a snake it scares me that much.

OP, I'm sure some people wouldn't mind living with snakes... just check with them first obviously!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I'm living with a girl who's got a pet snake next year. far as I'm concerned so long as it lives in her room, and stays in its cage or whatever, fine by me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjarvis)
    Have to say, I felt bad for the 12 ft Burmese python in that video. He just lived in a quite small terrarium without a lot of room. Poor guy...no natural habitat, either. I don't think snakes that get that big should be kept as pets, except (possibly) by herpetologists.

Still, snakes are ******* awesome. Creepy (I get a primal thrill looking at them), but awesome. Do you feed yours live mice or frozen?
    Yeah i guess that cage was really small compared to the size of the snake. It had nowhere to hide eather. Although, snakes do like small spaces as they can freek out if the cage is too big. strange ay?

I feed mine on frozen as i think its illegal to feed them live animals, they could damage the snake too, if its not used to live food. I allways make him think that its alive tho, so he keeps his primal instincts. lol

ReputationRep:
    Snakes I don't mind (as long as it was adequately secured), anyone who had a tarantula on the other hand...
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Nat$)
    He has only bitten my dad once, when i was on holiday, as he feed him and didnt wash his hands when he went to pick him up. He could smell the mouse on him and believed his finger was one. Their eyesight isnt that good, they taste the air.

Not sure if i could get away with keeping him in a dorm tho, as some of the unis i have applied to, all dorms have cleaners. Dont think its really fair for my parents to look after him for a whole year, until i move into a house. Dont kno what to do.
    You're parents will only be looking after the snake 7-8months of the year tops btw. Get a month of at xmas, month of at easter and 3 months for the summer, or there abouts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    Snakes I don't mind (as long as it was adequately secured), anyone who had a tarantula on the other hand...
    Yeah. I dont think i would ever get a spider. They are really delicate and can splat if you drop them. They feel funny when you hold them too, which would make it even easier to drop!

ReputationRep:
    Love snakes. Tarantulas, on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    Yeah. I dont think i would ever get a spider. They are really delicate and can splat if you drop them. They feel funny when you hold them too, which would make it even easier to drop!
    *Starts crying at the thought*

I'm arachnophobic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    You're parents will only be looking after the snake 7-8months of the year tops btw. Get a month of at xmas, month of at easter and 3 months for the summer, or there abouts...
    Yeah will prob end up them looking after him for that time. just think its a shame tho as they need to keep human contact to stop them becoming scaried......and i will miss him My dad would pick him up sometimes tho.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.