ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    No, Probably not
    ..........but they are sooo cute lol:p:
    (on a misson to convert everyone lol)

ReputationRep:
    NEVER!
    my previous manager, had a pet snake
    she had the snake for a couple of years, so there was obviously some pet bonding, and she used to feel secure
    she doesnt put it in a cage or glass box at night, cause they have this strong connection or whatever
    one night she woke up and her snake was lying on the floor, all straight and not moving, beside her bed
    she didnt know what was wrong with it so she called the vet up, and explained the situation
    the vet replied,' throw it out your window, get it as far away as from you as possible'
    'why' she asked (obvious from the pet/owner relationship)
    vet replied "because its measuring you, to eat you"

Scary shiit
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Nat$)
    Yeah will prob end up them looking after him for that time. just think its a shame tho as they need to keep human contact to stop them becoming scaried......and i will miss him My dad would pick him up sometimes tho.
    you might be able to take him back with you post xmas break or sometime during the first term. when things are settled down and you know if the people you live with mind.

tbh though if the things gonna be in your room.. lol

would be cheaper for ur rents to watch the snake tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggingupworms)
    NEVER!
    my previous manager, had a pet snake
    she had the snake for a couple of years, so there was obviously some pet bonding, and she used to feel secure
    she doesnt put it in a cage or glass box at night, cause they have this strong connection or whatever
    one night she woke up and her snake was lying on the floor, all straight and not moving, beside her bed
    she didnt know what was wrong with it so she called the vet up, and explained the situation
    the vet replied,' throw it out your window, get it as far away as from you as possible'
    'why' she asked (obvious from the pet/owner relationship)
    vet replied "because its measuring you, to eat you"

Scary shiit
    Strange, ive heard that story. throw it out the window tho?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    ..........but they are sooo cute lol:p:
    (on a misson to convert everyone lol)
    Ha !

Its quite hard to say a difinitive "YES" or "NO" - it depends on the situation - and how scary the snake looks - but most snakes scare me

ReputationRep:
    i have a pet snake

ReputationRep:
    wanna post a pic of my snake but dont kno how to do it. he looks like this tho, only bigger.

ReputationRep:
    How cute is this?

ReputationRep:
    can you pleeeaaaaaseeeeee not post a picture like that up please! i have just nearly had a heart attack im not joking!

ReputationRep:
    the first one i was meaning...the huge one which took up all my screen lol...
    the second one i can deal with

ReputationRep:
    yupp, i love snakes =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmieK)
    can you pleeeaaaaaseeeeee not post a picture like that up please! i have just nearly had a heart attack im not joking!
    Sorry. I guess u dont tike them lol You are on a tread about snakes tho. What about the cute one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    Sorry. I guess u dont tike them lol You are on a tread about snakes tho. What about the cute one?
    lol no ever so slightly petrified of them lol no i just commented earlier as i dont mind talking bout them but visually i will die! so it came up at the bottom, clicked it and went straight to that post hahah just wasnt prepared for it! The smaller one is okay

ReputationRep:
    NO WAY IN HELL!! I'd seriously freak out massively if there was a snake in my proximity, I'd honestly rather live outside in a box than live in the same house as a snake. Yes, I have a major phobia of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmieK)
    I know how you feel almost had a heart attack myself. Now i have to keep my feet up from the floor for fear of being bitten even though i know full well theres no snakes in my room:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ticktockclock)
    I know how you feel almost had a heart attack myself. Now i have to keep my feet up from the floor for fear of being bitten even though i know full well theres no snakes in my room:confused:
    haha omg snap!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ticktockclock)
    Sorry, but i think this is really funny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    Sorry, but i think this is really funny!
    lol its completely natural...everyone does, well of who i know lol

btw just to say the reason i hate snakes is because i got bitten by one when i was younger and now absolutely petrified of them i sort of have a reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat$)
    I have a pet snake and will be going uni in sep. Really dont want to re-home him, but i dont want it to be hard for me to live with mates and find good accommodation.
    Anyones view on living in the same house as a snake please.
    So if i do need to re-home him i will have plenty of time to find him a good home.

Thanks
    Hey ^^

I would love to live with someone with a snake...But I had a pet snake for MANY years so I guess my opinion corrupts the data

I would think twice about taking him/her to uni, as im sure you know they are right crafty buggers when it comes to escaping and hiding... It would be pretty creepy if one of your housemates came home only to find a snake in their carpet (I know, it happened to ME).

What type of snake is it by the way?

EDIT: the picture is a Corn Snake, Lavander or Anerythristic cross breed maybe?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.