The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
.:aimee:.
I read fanfiction.

:getmecoat:

Which fandom and ship?
StevenDyn
I don't know how unusual this is, but I prefer to read in my leisure time.

That's unusual verging on abnormal :yep:
I used to collect shells from the beach and different types of stones as well. Don't know if that counts as unusual though.
Reply 43
AccioJellyBean
I video blog on YouTube. Lots of people find this strange but I love it!

What are your unusual/controversial/unconventional hobbies?

My hobby is pointing out thinly veiled attempts to advertise youtube channels.

ON AN UNRELATED NOTE CHECK MY SIGNATURE GUYS
I like things that live in water . . . total fish geek.

At the moment I have 8 tanks that between then contain newts, frogs, snails, community fish and ten siamese fighting fish . . . I think it's an addiction, lol.

I also do loads of LGBT youth work at my university. Not sure if it's a hobby or a job, lol.
Reply 45
Unusual? Perhaps...

Reply 46
Homework! Don't have time for anything else until IB exams are past.
I enjoy eating toblerone in my spare time.
Reply 48
Bonsai. Any other growers here?
Reply 49
Where to start?

I like...
Geocaching
Greenlaning
Collecting Zippos and cigarette cases
Building ant weight robots
Brewing beer

Anybody else do anything the same?
Reply 50
playing hulahoops o.o
DominF
My hobby is pointing out thinly veiled attempts to advertise youtube channels.

ON AN UNRELATED NOTE CHECK MY SIGNATURE GUYS

I didn't try to veil it at all!
Belly dancing FTW.
I masturbate
Reply 54
thethinker
I masturbate

This.
fire2burn
I collect crystals and fossils, does that count as unusual? I've lost count of how many I've got, hundreds.

I do that too! The looks I get when people find out about my rock collection(s)... :o:
I ssh into my bsd box as root and dl some source for compling later.

I also solve the rubiks cube....
I love building my own PCs! It's awesome to see something come together, and it really helps one's understanding of computer architecture to see it all laid out and re-assembled. I built my current PC about 9 months ago, I won't build a new one until after uni, though - need the money. That's a problem - it's a hobby that, unless you're extremely rich, you can only partake in every few years for a day or so, and is highly dependent on how much money you have.

Obviously it would be no good if I just built fancy PCs - I also love playing games as well, and pushing my rig's performance :yes:

That's the only unusual one I have, I guess, but I also love photography, and when I move out of university accommodation I either want an aquarium or a cat. Or both . . . actually . . . maybe it's not such a good idea to have both :wink:

I like a good book but I'm not much of a reader. Games and films take up too much of my time, but if someone recommends me a good book then I'll probably check it out. Speaking of films, I'm becoming something of a film buff. You know when you're obsessed with films when you watch films that are so bad they're good :biggrin:
I like to weave, I've never met anyone else who does it. :s-smilie:
Gliding (post-solo pilot)
Keeping chickens (when I started (2003/4) it was a lot more unusual than it is now)

Latest