The Student Room Group

Interview for HND Music Production .. HELP!!

Okay, so .. I got an interview for the University of Northampton for HND Music Production.

I'm in a band, play several instruments and write and sing quite a few songs but I really wanted to know how to record properly and how everything in the studio works.

But when the sheet came through with the interview date, telling me what I have to show them during the interview, I became very worried at what they asked.

- Technical ability on using a chosen software from the following list - Logic, Pro tools or Cubase

- An awareness of stylistic conventions in contrasting areas of (popular) music through discussion with interviewer

- Critical evaluation through a sample of written work, of a favourite album/track, genre or artist

- Audio/Midi recording with a CD sampler and a written specification on equipment/software used and techniques applied. Be prepared to discuss the techniques and equipment/software used to realise the audio/midi recording.

Now, I don't know if it's just me.. but this seems alot considering I want to go there to learn this stuff. :eek3:

I don't know how to do any of this .. that's why I want to do this at Uni.. to learn how to do it.

Any help explaining this to me would be greatly appreciated.

Latest

Trending

Trending