Turn on thread page Beta

Interview for HND Music Production .. HELP!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so .. I got an interview for the University of Northampton for HND Music Production.

I'm in a band, play several instruments and write and sing quite a few songs but I really wanted to know how to record properly and how everything in the studio works.

But when the sheet came through with the interview date, telling me what I have to show them during the interview, I became very worried at what they asked.

- Technical ability on using a chosen software from the following list - Logic, Pro tools or Cubase

- An awareness of stylistic conventions in contrasting areas of (popular) music through discussion with interviewer

- Critical evaluation through a sample of written work, of a favourite album/track, genre or artist

- Audio/Midi recording with a CD sampler and a written specification on equipment/software used and techniques applied. Be prepared to discuss the techniques and equipment/software used to realise the audio/midi recording.

Now, I don't know if it's just me.. but this seems alot considering I want to go there to learn this stuff. :eek3:

I don't know how to do any of this .. that's why I want to do this at Uni.. to learn how to do it.

Any help explaining this to me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.