Turn on thread page Beta

Will you get your significant other a Valentine's Day card? watch

• View Poll Results: Will you get them one?
    Yes
    52.38%
    No
    47.62%

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of whether you like the idea of Valentine's Day or not, will you get your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/lover/whatever a Valentine's Day card.

Crushes are not included!

ReputationRep:
    nope, but I'm taking her out etc, I just don't do cards..

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am :p:

ReputationRep:
    Who wants some store bought pile of tack that millions of others are going to receive? Where's the thought or emotion in that? I have more respect for people who actually bother getting off their arses and making one though.

ReputationRep:
    No. New relationship + both of us being away = no Valentine's day cards/presents.

Frankly I'm happy with it that way! Silly silly day that it is.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't like the idea of Valentine's Day, its all contrived and false. If I want to get my boyfriend a card or a gift I do it because I see something I like, which can happen at any time of the year, I don't do it because cardmakers and shops tell me I have to

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    No, if I do give him a card it'd be handmade, but we only give each other handmade cards so that's nothing new.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No, don't see the point.

If one needs to be prompted to be romantic then said romance is somewhat artificial IMO.

But it's what ever makes them happy I suppose ^^

ReputationRep:
    No, there's no point/ Neither of us like valentines day, so it would be a waste of money!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. He thinks it's a bit of a silly day but we do it anyway. It's not so much the cards we pick out, rather what we choose to write inside that's important.

ReputationRep:
    Yep Making him one + going to dynamic earth lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm ******* SICK of people whinging about how "i wont be told by shops when i have to get presents for my lover" or "I can show my love any day of the year", chances are you bloody don't. I bet you don't turn down easter eggs at easter, or presents at christmas. Yes it's contrived but so what, at least one day a year we can have an exciting romantic build up to a day that we know is going to be special and we can make a bit of an effort over. Stop thinking you've got the world sussed because you're anti-valentines day because you're onto a losing battle, so roll with it, man up, and spend the few quid a card costs to just make someone feel a bit special.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. My boyfriend and I are having a meal at home together (cooked by him), but we're not doing cards or gifts.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, we havent even talked about doing anything either.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.