The Student Room Group
Reply 1
nope, but I'm taking her out etc, I just don't do cards..
Yes I am :p:
Reply 3
Who wants some store bought pile of tack that millions of others are going to receive? Where's the thought or emotion in that? I have more respect for people who actually bother getting off their arses and making one though.
Reply 4
No. New relationship + both of us being away = no Valentine's day cards/presents.

Frankly I'm happy with it that way! Silly silly day that it is.
Reply 5
Nope, I don't like the idea of Valentine's Day, its all contrived and false. If I want to get my boyfriend a card or a gift I do it because I see something I like, which can happen at any time of the year, I don't do it because cardmakers and shops tell me I have to :h:
Yes.
Reply 7
No, if I do give him a card it'd be handmade, but we only give each other handmade cards so that's nothing new.
Reply 8
No.
No, don't see the point.

If one needs to be prompted to be romantic then said romance is somewhat artificial IMO.

But it's what ever makes them happy I suppose ^^
Reply 10
No, there's no point/ Neither of us like valentines day, so it would be a waste of money!
Yeah. He thinks it's a bit of a silly day but we do it anyway. It's not so much the cards we pick out, rather what we choose to write inside that's important.
Yep :smile: Making him one + going to dynamic earth lol
Reply 13
I'm ******* SICK of people whinging about how "i wont be told by shops when i have to get presents for my lover" or "I can show my love any day of the year", chances are you bloody don't. I bet you don't turn down easter eggs at easter, or presents at christmas. Yes it's contrived but so what, at least one day a year we can have an exciting romantic build up to a day that we know is going to be special and we can make a bit of an effort over. Stop thinking you've got the world sussed because you're anti-valentines day because you're onto a losing battle, so roll with it, man up, and spend the few quid a card costs to just make someone feel a bit special.
Reply 14
Nope. My boyfriend and I are having a meal at home together (cooked by him), but we're not doing cards or gifts.
Reply 15
Probably not, we havent even talked about doing anything either.

Latest

Trending

Trending