Turn on thread page Beta

Basically there is this girl I really like, I think she likes me but we hardly have big conversations, just a little bit of chit chat, where she normally replies but seems very shy/or just doesnt know what to say, but she initiates contact through msn/facebook fine. She also talks to other boys perfectly fine.

Today she said something that confused me, we weren't talking that much on facebook and she went if anythings wrong you can always talk to me. I hope she was just being nice, I don't want to be put into that zone where I talk to her about my feelings and get friendzoned.

What do you girls think? Would you say something like that to someone you liked or just a mate?

Sorry if this is confusing, so tired!

ReputationRep:
    The whole "friend zone" thing is a load of crap; friends get together all the time and it's a myth that if you've been friends with a girl for a while that they won't sleep with you.

That being said, if you want to get with her then you've got to make the first move, because she certainly hasn't yet. The worst thing that could happen is that she rejects you, and embarrassment is a useless feeling that will leave you in no physical or emotional harm, so just ask her out!

ReputationRep:
    I agree the "friend zone" is BS. Most people who get together were friends first, some couples I know were friends for years and years before getting with each other.

She sounds like she cares about you from what she said to you, whether that means she thinks of you as a good friend or wants something more isn't for me to say, it could be either, or both. If you want to be more than friends than make a move.

ReputationRep:
    Friend zone is just made up by guys who are so up themselves that they think that being friends is the only reason the girl won't get with them :dry:
    She does sound like she likes you and cares how you feel so its up to you in the end of the day to make the move, otherwise how else is she supposed to know; does she has some magical powers? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I agree with friend zone being a load of rubbish. My boyfriend and I were best friends for about 3 years before we got together and, to be honest, it's not an uncommon thing.

ReputationRep:
    Girls love boys that open up to them, so i say its a good opportunity to get to know her more.....an yh the freind zone is BS me and my ex were friends for about 1 year b4 we got together.

ReputationRep:
    i don't really believe in the whole friend zone thing - i mean i do, but don't people always say friends first is a good way to start a relationship? how can you do this without being in the so-called 'friend-zone' - so really who cares if you're friend zoned - you can escape it if it turns out you both want something more because you've found out you've clicked with someone as friends :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Friend zone means either:

#1 You're not attractive to her

#2 She's insecure

If it's #2 then if anything, hit on her even more. Do more things together, because that's what friends do right? Now that you know you're jsut friends you can even talk about sex and stuff with her. You can do whatever you want because you're 'just friends'. Cuddle up and watch a film. Go out on nights out together or with a group. Do whatever you want.

There are a whole bunch of reasons why she may be insecure or she is not attracted to you. How do you know the difference? No one knows, you just have to find out.

Just act as if the friends thing is an invitation to hit on her like mad, and since you're friends you can both be 'open with each other'. So just act like nothing ever happened!

You don't pressure anything at all, act like nothing happened and this is ok, because you're just friends! Just be your natural attractive self.

If nothing happens then so what? You've still got a friend after all. Most guys give up when they hear the friend zone card, I know I used to but since then I've just ploughed on.

See the friend zone as an unknowing test set by the girl. Guys who give up after they hear it think "no sex? fine, no friends then!" because the girl refuses to give herself up. Well, I don't see it as the girl gives it up. I see it as something you have to win. The girls worth getting with are precarious about who they shag, not like the *** rags you see in town who quite literally spread their legs to every guy thinking it will get them a relationship.

If you show the girl that you don't give a **** whether she ***** you or not (even if you do), then she will love this. If anything, it makes you more attractive.

Girls testing you is a good thing. I know I can pass whatever tests they throw my way so I see it as letting me prove myself to her amongst all the other desperate men who rail anything and mess girls around.

ReputationRep:
    If the Friend Zone is a load of crap then why do some people feel uncomfortable with the idea of getting with their friend or say something along the lines of "it would ruin our friendship if we did"?

Some of you are taking the term too literally, it doesn't refer to every single boy/girl friendship you know.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.elaske.com/Pictures/Funny/Friend%20Zone.jpg

love it.

ReputationRep:
    If you dont want to be in the friend zone, grow a pair, stop treating her like another one of your friends, and ask her out. Its not difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    Friend zone means either:

#1 You're not attractive to her

#2 She's insecure

If it's #2 then if anything, hit on her even more. Do more things together, because that's what friends do right? Now that you know you're jsut friends you can even talk about sex and stuff with her. You can do whatever you want because you're 'just friends'. Cuddle up and watch a film. Go out on nights out together or with a group. Do whatever you want.

There are a whole bunch of reasons why she may be insecure or she is not attracted to you. How do you know the difference? No one knows, you just have to find out.

Just act as if the friends thing is an invitation to hit on her like mad, and since you're friends you can both be 'open with each other'. So just act like nothing ever happened!

You don't pressure anything at all, act like nothing happened and this is ok, because you're just friends! Just be your natural attractive self.

If nothing happens then so what? You've still got a friend after all. Most guys give up when they hear the friend zone card, I know I used to but since then I've just ploughed on.

See the friend zone as an unknowing test set by the girl. Guys who give up after they hear it think "no sex? fine, no friends then!" because the girl refuses to give herself up. Well, I don't see it as the girl gives it up. I see it as something you have to win. The girls worth getting with are precarious about who they shag, not like the *** rags you see in town who quite literally spread their legs to every guy thinking it will get them a relationship.

If you show the girl that you don't give a **** whether she ***** you or not (even if you do), then she will love this. If anything, it makes you more attractive.

Girls testing you is a good thing. I know I can pass whatever tests they throw my way so I see it as letting me prove myself to her amongst all the other desperate men who rail anything and mess girls around.

Men vs Boys.

ReputationRep:
    go for it, b4 u do get frend zoned, uve got nothing to lose now but wen it get more complicated in the future u will regret it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.