Turn on thread page Beta

So Boyfriend Has Now Dumped me watch

Announcements

Almost 3am and I still can't sleep so need to rant somewhere
    It was my fault entirely but he told me all these things that are just revolving around my head now and making me feel sick. I actually in some weird way thought he would be upset but still I thought I had a chance with him.

Apparently I'm really shallow and only care about one person, myself. He said he didn't think we had much in common anyway but stuck by me for other reasons that are hardly worth mentioning.
    He never wants to see me again. What a waste of 5 months! My longest relationship and now I've messed it up - again.

Valentine’s Day is coming up too but I couldn't lie to him anymore. How could he be so mad at me? I thought he really like me but now I really am wondering why he stayed with me so long if I annoyed him that much. He hates everything about me. The way I act, dress, my personality stinks, he hates doing things I want to do, he hates going to places I want to go to... But whilst we were dating he never once told me that. Guys are so confusing!

So now I have a new date lined up for Sunday. Nothing serious but I would like to take my mind off him. I don't get it, I really don't. Whenever I've broken up with guys I let them down gently, not like this. I think it's the first time I sat and listened to someone just continue to say nasty vile things about me.

So, maybe I am those things... I'm sure everyone I know and don't know thinks it now. I don't know how else to act though. I don't think I'm a nasty person but then I would say that wouldn't I? If only I could buy a personality change like people buy facelifts.
    God this is pathetic

ReputationRep:
    pfft

ReputationRep:
    sounds like a ****. better off without!!

ReputationRep:
    if you did something to annoy and upset him (which is sounds like you did) then he probably just turned around and tried to hurt you so he told you that basically everything about you was terrible. i really doubt this is true lol he was with you for five months, dont take stuff that is said in an argument as a serious judgement of you, although i am guessing you could learn from the mistake you made to mess this up.

ReputationRep:
    Pah ......... must be great being a female. Dumped one day, then on another date the next. Wish it were that easy for me !!!

ReputationRep:
    Your going on another date already o.O
    your can't care about him that much then .

ReputationRep:
    That's horrible, what did you do wrong? You're better off with out him, not all personalities mesh and yours seem to have clashed.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been with someone for 4 years who cant stand who I am as a person. We argue, he says truely nasty stuff about me, wants to leave and yet keeps coming back. We always come back to each other, be it after a few days or even a month of not talking. I love him so damn much and he loves me eventhough he hates me.
    Thats the reason your guy stayed with you all that time. He bloody loves you despite saying he doesnt like things you done, he still cant be without you.

ReputationRep:
    "I couldn't lie to him any more" - Completely random in your story, no? What were you lying about?

ReputationRep:
    Relationships shouldn't be fuelled on negativity. Better off without that.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that

but you've got a date, that should take your mind off things

I wish i could find someone that easily.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about this.
    My boyfriend of a year and a half dumped me three weeks ago, and it's been hard particuarly as he publicly got with another girl at a party a week after we split up, but it's getting better day by day.
    Just stay away from him, my only advice.. he's a dweeb.
    Oh and listen to powerful party songs haha

(Original post by steph_anie_x)
    Your going on another date already o.O
    your can't care about him that much then .
    It's not like that. I really do care about him but if he doesn't want to know me anymore I think it would be nice to see someone else to take my mind off this. It is Valentine's Day after all and I know if I sat at home and sulked as I have been doing I'd just be thinking about him and feeling really depressed.

(Original post by Cherry Kisses)
    Ive been with someone for 4 years who cant stand who I am as a person. We argue, he says truely nasty stuff about me, wants to leave and yet keeps coming back. We always come back to each other, be it after a few days or even a month of not talking. I love him so damn much and he loves me eventhough he hates me.
    Thats the reason your guy stayed with you all that time. He bloody loves you despite saying he doesnt like things you done, he still cant be without you.
    It's not like that for me. I know he really hates me and doesn't want to know me anymore. I've tried calling him but he's just not interested. He hates me and really doesn't want to see me.
    Why is your boyfriend with you if he hates you? I'm sure he doesn't hate you.

(Original post by Kaykiie)
    "I couldn't lie to him any more" - Completely random in your story, no? What were you lying about?
    I know that's random, I was a little tipsy when writing my post and very hurt and angry.
    I didn't lie but I withheld information if that makes sense. It doesn't matter now either way, he's never getting back with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's not like that. I really do care about him but if he doesn't want to know me anymore I think it would be nice to see someone else to take my mind off this. It is Valentine's Day after all and I know if I sat at home and sulked as I have been doing I'd just be thinking about him and feeling really depressed.
    I really doubt that thats how he and other people will see it.

ReputationRep:
    It's not like that for me. I know he really hates me and doesn't want to know me anymore. I've tried calling him but he's just not interested. He hates me and really doesn't want to see me.
    Hes with me cause he loves me so much, he hates me for how I have acted throughout the relashionship

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel.
    My ex has completely cut me off. I tried contacting him for the first week but the last time I phoned him, there was a definite reason why that was the last! He was cruel. And I made myself feel so sick that night for even doing it, it took hours to calm myself down and I promised myself I wouldn't do that to myself any longer.. and it's worked, because I haven't spoken to him since and I'm no longer suffering anything like that. Time is such a healer, it really is and I know it doesn't feel like it at the time but just think, he can turn his feelings off so quickly.. and you don't think you'll get over him but remember you thought it was going to last forever too :/
    He'll regret it one day, keep strong!

(Original post by xoJessicaAnn)
    I know exactly how you feel.
    My ex has completely cut me off. I tried contacting him for the first week but the last time I phoned him, there was a definite reason why that was the last! He was cruel. And I made myself feel so sick that night for even doing it, it took hours to calm myself down and I promised myself I wouldn't do that to myself any longer.. and it's worked, because I haven't spoken to him since and I'm no longer suffering anything like that. Time is such a healer, it really is and I know it doesn't feel like it at the time but just think, he can turn his feelings off so quickly.. and you don't think you'll get over him but remember you thought it was going to last forever too :/
    He'll regret it one day, keep strong!
    Thanks for your comment.
    You are absolutely right. I haven't bothered contacting him today although I can't stop thinking about him, but I'm hoping that in time I will forget about him too.
    To be fair though it was my fault and I can completely understand why he's being so horrible to me.
    It's just a bit of a shock as I stupidly didn't think he would leave me. Never been dumped before and it's been utterly horrible But at least I'll be more prepared the next time around.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.