Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi folks,

    After speaking with one of my university's student advisors, she suggested that my current university was below that which I could achieve. I know it sounds a bit arrogant of me to say this, but I figured if that was true then I should look into perhaps 'upgrading' to what is perceived to be a 'better' university.

    My question, however, is this: can I continue my current course at another university next year? I.e. go from the first year at my current one to the 2nd year at the other in September.

    It seems like an easy question, I know, as I'm pretty sure I can, but I can't find any information anywhere which categorically states this could be allowed, or if I have to complete the whole course at a single university to qualify for the degree.

    You can transfer for second year entry to any university you like, providing they accept you. Contact the universities you're interested in transfering to and ask them about it - send details of your first year transcript including your module titles and grades.

    Some universities will no longer accept your application as they only allow transfer applicants until the UCAS deadline to apply, meaning you've missed it as it was last month, but others are more flexible. Some will ask you to apply via UCAS whereas others will not - you need to contact them and ask about it. If you apply through UCAS you simply put the entry point as 2 for the courses and then apply like last year. You would however be applying as an individual applicant so would have to sort out your reference etc independetly.
    • Thread Starter

    Thanks very much.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.