Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At Last!! Got my date for OASC...April 27th...3 months to prepare.

Wzz, bearing this date in mind, if I was successful do you think i'd get in for June? If not would I be waiting til Ocotber? And what's all this about C Sqdn, sounds like fun to me!

ReputationRep:
    Im currently preparing for my interview for OASC and put down Intelligence officer down for one of my chocies but having toruble finding some information on the training if you could give me some info, or give m tips on the interview would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    You won't get much more information about Intelligence Officer than what is contained in the 'Branch Information Leaflet' that your AFCO should have given you. As long as you know what is on that leaflet, you'll be okay. If you haven't got the leaflet, ring them up and ask for one.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Spot on. There's a little glossy brochure for every branch, so learn that coupled with what's on the website and you'll be fine. They won't expect you to know more than what's freely available in that sense.

ReputationRep:
    I learnt the sheet for my initial interview, just thought that they'd want something more by the time I went to OASC. With it being as competitive as it is I thought I'd better get as much as I can!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, just realised I'd missed a few! Icklecathy - I'm jealous as hell! All I've had is a card saying that my application is being processed... Doggfarther, how did the interview go?

ReputationRep:
    I had an intial interview for pilot and i am going to Cranwell on the 4th April.

I didn't find the interview challenging at all. I was asked stuff like 'Do you abuse solvents, take drugs' etc. (its a mandatory question with no being the mandatory answer!). I was asked about my family and how i got on with them. Questions followed about education and extra-curricular activities. The interview moved on to why i want to join, what branch do i want (pilot), what the training process is for that branch (pilot = IOT, EFT etc), what i would do at OASC and during IOT, what aircraft the RAF had, whats the difference between an officer and a SNCO. It then moved onto current affairs. I was asked about top up fees, Iraq war (its probably not best to say it should not of happened, if you are that way inclined) and the firefighters strike and how it drained resources in the run up to the war. I was also asked what i would do if i failed to get in. Also have some questions to fire the other way. I can't remember what i asked, but it was something like, what is it really like doing IOT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark1010)
    I was asked stuff like 'Do you abuse solvents, take drugs' etc. (its a mandatory question with no being the mandatory answer!)
    There is only one thing that'll GUARANTEE failure...and will mean you'll NEVER get another chance to apply - dishonesty.

It is very easy to get caught out.

Be open and honest THROUGHOUT selection.

(Original post by mark1010)
    I was asked about top up fees, Iraq war (its probably not best to say it should not of happened, if you are that way inclined)
    You should have the STRENGTH OF CHARACTER to say what you really believe. The RAF don't want 'clones' or 'yes men' or otherwise people who are too spineless to be themselves in interview.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.