Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is pretty long, so please bear with me:

Ok, so I just met this girl and we agreed to go out on a date. We've been talking on the phone. Long story short, she likes to make dirty jokes and she is a very playful/joking person. I love that about her. So I made some dirty jokes too.

One night she was hot and she was like, "What should I do?" Jokingly, I told her to take her clothes off. Now, this might seem out of line but I feel that it went right along with every joke she was making. So, she said she was hot again tonight and I said the same thing. She got really mad when I said that and literally hung up the phone on me. She didn't even say goodbye or tell me she was mad. I texted her and asked her what was up and then she called me back. She told me that she was mad and that I should never say that again because she's been hurt too many times. She then said that guys hurt her by forcing her to do things. Just a couple nights ago, though, she told me she has only had one serious boyfriend. That part really confused me.

What really pissed me off, though, is when she hung the phone up on me. What I said was not out of line with anything she was saying or had previously said. We're supposed to go out Friday but now I'm having second thoughts. She also previously told me that she has trust issues. Any thoughts on this situation guys and girls? Guys, would you still go out with her?

ReputationRep:
    She is just insecure about herself and gives some confusing signals because of it. She must have some trust issues, but I would not give up on her because of this. I think you are having a little unnecessary conflict in your relationship right now. Don't make a fuss about it, she's probably too embarrased about her actions already...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah as the person above me said, she probably feels bad about hanging up on you now and will say something about it when you next see each other...

ReputationRep:
    She already told me she was sorry. In fact, she called me back almost immediately after she hung up and told me she was sorry and that she couldn't stay mad at me.

ReputationRep:
    If she got over it that quickly, then it shouldn't be an issue for now. Just forget about it, be friendly and considerate and carry on as you were.

Job done.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like she is in two minds about you and that really liked your jokes but now maybe she is starting to 'really' like you and maybe she is seeing you in a different way.
    She sounds like a nice girl but I dont think she wants to be taken advantage of.
    let her know that your sorry and go from there.
    If she can't get over your comment/s then she might not be worth your time.
    Good luck
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Maybe you weren't making it clear that you were joking? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    As per usual: *****'z craaaazy!

Ive had it a few times... well not the same situation! but similar... Insecurity comes to mind, wonder why though when it was ok the first time but the second time it wasn't... Maybe she had been drinking and not told you and just in a horny mood? But maybe next day quietly regretted it and thought ''ok if he brings this up again I am letting him know Im not that easy'' But the second day you say that she instigated it... but left you flat by hanging up. It is abit odd...
    Also as alot know, Women love to tease guys, if she likes you alot she will go with it - but quite often they only take it half way there (if you know what I mean) leave you wanting more, then say goodnight.

Alot of girls get their gaurd up straight away with guys, assuming ALL men just want a quickie, especially if they've been hurt before, you do have to face it though, girls are more emotional about getting hurt, But it is annoying (personally) especially when chatting to a new girl or getting to know them, them saying - ''I like you, but I aint easy'' or words to that effect. Makes you feel stereotyped right away that they think of you like that.

She obviously does like you alot to apologise, and continue chatting but it has demonstrated there is some underlying issues with her in regards to trust or some sort of hang up with sexual things.

Here is something I've always noticed with women.. The moment you notice a sudden lack in texts or very short ones OR these... xx are missing at the end, its basically all over.

Good luck with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    As per usual: *****'z craaaazy!
    Lol, that just made my day.

Seriously, though, thanks for the advice everyone. She seems to be over it already. She hasn't stopped texting me. 10:00 this morning she sent me a text that said she was taking a shower and that she wished I could be there with her. Again with the dirty texting/dirty jokes. She's driving me crazy. But I'm not gonna give up yet.

ReputationRep:
    i think she sounds like an attention whore / dramaqueen...

ReputationRep:
    coo-cooo....

(Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    i think she sounds like an attention whore / dramaqueen...
    :yy: definitely got it in one. Every drama queen has a rapey story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baltimoron)
    This is pretty long, so please bear with me:

Ok, so I just met this girl and we agreed to go out on a date. We've been talking on the phone. Long story short, she likes to make dirty jokes and she is a very playful/joking person. I love that about her. So I made some dirty jokes too.

One night she was hot and she was like, "What should I do?" Jokingly, I told her to take her clothes off. Now, this might seem out of line but I feel that it went right along with every joke she was making. So, she said she was hot again tonight and I said the same thing. She got really mad when I said that and literally hung up the phone on me. She didn't even say goodbye or tell me she was mad. I texted her and asked her what was up and then she called me back. She told me that she was mad and that I should never say that again because she's been hurt too many times. She then said that guys hurt her by forcing her to do things. Just a couple nights ago, though, she told me she has only had one serious boyfriend. That part really confused me.

What really pissed me off, though, is when she hung the phone up on me. What I said was not out of line with anything she was saying or had previously said. We're supposed to go out Friday but now I'm having second thoughts. She also previously told me that she has trust issues. Any thoughts on this situation guys and girls? Guys, would you still go out with her?
    The exact sht like that happened to me, this girl kept on going about how she was wet and all that, so i made some stupid ass jokes aswell. SHE IS AN ATTENTION SEEKER

ReputationRep:
    First time it probably ok 'cos she wanted some attention. The second time she probably freaked out herself and thought 'uh oh, does he only want sex'. Alternatively, she's a bit nuts.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you guys are funny. And pretty much confirming what I already thought. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. She still wants to go out with me either this Friday or Saturday. Luckily, we have had 2 blizzards this week (yes, 2) so I'll just use that excuse to get out of it. I can't miss the basketball game on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    probably worried youre going to use her and thought you were being disrespectful. i don't like it when guys say things like that to me. just make sure you don't come across as pervy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baltimoron)
    She already told me she was sorry. In fact, she called me back almost immediately after she hung up and told me she was sorry and that she couldn't stay mad at me.
    I reckon you got a keeper. She is only upset as she thinks you mate treat her badly like her previous bf's. Just don't mess up and go at her pace.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like she was unsure where things stood at first, but as she's getting to know you better/like you more, she wants to make sure you don't take advantage of her. But she probably went the wrong way about it by being so abrupt - it seems like she saw the error of her ways quickly though! I would just carry on as normal. It could also be that she's just having weird mood swings or something. The point is, she doesn't sound COMPLETELY nuts - just unsure - so take things slow and don't give up on her just yet...

ReputationRep:
    She's playing with you, like a cat with a mouse.
    Look for someone else is my sincere opinion.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.