Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey for those who say aptitude tests are easy, i dont think they are. When i took mine they said i probably have a learning disability. If youve got a learning disability what happens. Can you just not join any of the forces. On the other hand im an electrician and i done well on that part but could finish the questions in time ha.

ReputationRep:
    Have you not had any for of guidance from the selection board? I doubt anyone on here is going to know the details of what you can and cannot do, especially as "learning difficulty" covers a large area.

Just wait and see what the board say and ask the careers advisor what steps you can take from here.

PS I don't want to sound like a douche, but the aptitude tests are there to measure aptitude. If you have it then of course they are easy, if you don't then they are hard.

ReputationRep:
    yer i know. i do have it but he says aptitude tests check to see if you have any learning disabilities to. Anyways i cancelled my application and im going to stick with what i know im good at and thats CAD and electrical engineering, im going to become a lecturer.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps not disabilities, but they are there to help determine your potential or ability for further learning, i.e. professional training.

Without wanting to sound like a douche too, if you gave up that easily without trying then cancelling your application was probably the best thing to do. You didn't have the desire that is required to make this your full time career, and that is a must.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Great_One)
    Anyways i cancelled my application
    Oh, thats a shame, good luck anyhow.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.