Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    When a background check is conducted, do kroll etc, contact your university for your transcripts? Or are you asked to provide them yourself?
    Basically, I currently have a pretty recent copy of my transcripts. From this, my results from last year look good.
    However, recently, I've received new additional results (not so good, containing one fail) that are now to be included in my last years' results.
    What should I do? Am I screwed? I know there's a section on the online app. forms where you can 'amend results'. Is this an option, given that I have quite a lot of additional results to add. Also, the fact that the results are from last year...will they think I've just been hiding them, or will they understand.
    (I've just had an AC btw, awaiting response. I'm wondering should I tell the co. now, which looks bad.......or wait and hope the background check doesn't contact my uni...potentially even worse.)
    Any help?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Best_Solution)
    Hi,
    When a background check is conducted, do kroll etc, contact your university for your transcripts? Or are you asked to provide them yourself?
    Basically, I currently have a pretty recent copy of my transcripts. From this, my results from last year look good.
    However, recently, I've received new additional results (not so good, containing one fail) that are now to be included in my last years' results.
    What should I do? Am I screwed? I know there's a section on the online app. forms where you can 'amend results'. Is this an option, given that I have quite a lot of additional results to add. Also, the fact that the results are from last year...will they think I've just been hiding them, or will they understand.
    (I've just had an AC btw, awaiting response. I'm wondering should I tell the co. now, which looks bad.......or wait and hope the background check doesn't contact my uni...potentially even worse.)
    Any help?
    Thanks!
    Is this for an internship? I really don't think anybody will care if you messed up a couple of exams, as long as you're on course for a 2.1 and didn't exclude them deliberately when filling out your app.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    Is this for an internship? I really don't think anybody will care if you messed up a couple of exams, as long as you're on course for a 2.1 and didn't exclude them deliberately when filling out your app.
    Thanks for your input, loggins. So you reckon I should def. tell them then?? I don't know if doing so before my ac result or after it will work better...

ReputationRep:
    Does Kroll really perform the background check for internships? Not to put them in doubt, but my summer internship references were never contacted...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Best_Solution)
    Thanks for your input, loggins. So you reckon I should def. tell them then?? I don't know if doing so before my ac result or after it will work better...
    No I reckon you should just let it slide, why tell them? It's not relevant if the mark didn't exist when you applied.

ReputationRep:
    Kroll are a joke. Really.

ReputationRep:
    Dont get ahead of yourself. Youve just had the AC and havent even got the offer yet. Besides, noone will care about a failed module or a couple of crappy courseworks over the entire term of your degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReverseConvertible)
    Kroll are a joke. Really.
    I take your Kroll and raise you FADV. Truly awful.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.