Turn on thread page Beta

Who is the best to parent - boys or girls? watch

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think I'd find girls easier to parent as I grew up in an all-female household and the majority of my younger cousins are girls. I tried au pairing for a four year old boy for a few months, and I was totally out my depth! But I guess it would be different if it was my own kid.

I'd like one of each if I ever have children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    I may be totally wrong on this score so correct me if so, but aren't the vast majority of users here far too young to of had kids, so wouldn't be able to give genuinely reliable feedback on your question?

Another forum that has a lot of parents would be Mingleville. They have loads of mums there passionate about kids who would be able to give decent answers
    I've just had a look - full of chavs!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    Another thought, I work as a care assistant and the majority of the relatives who visit the residents are female, usually the daughter. In many cases the sons totally ignore their parents while the daughters are much less likely to. In one case a lady is visited at least 3 times a week (usually more like 5) by her daughter but has only been visited once (the day of his dad's funeral) by her son and he lives closer! He didn't even visit his father who was terminally ill while he was with us.

So in the long term you could say its better to have daughters because they won't forget about you when you're old.
    My nan always says 'a son's a son til he takes a wife, but a daughter's a daughter all her life.'

ReputationRep:
    boys, the male gender is just better in every way

females are just brainless sandwich makers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Hi guys,

I'm asking, who is the best to parent? Would you rather parent a boy or girl, and why?

Hubby and I find out the gender of our unborn baby in 2 weeks. So I was wondering what you guys think of parenting the genders. Yeah I could ask over at all the "mummy forums" all over the net. But they're not as educated and enlightened as you lot :gthumb:
    why would you want to find out :eek: totally ruins the suprise! :yep:

anyways i think a boy
    but i want a boy and then a girl.. lol i think older brothers with a younger sister get on better than an older sister with a younger brother.. just my opinion though

ReputationRep:
    Well, as the mum of two boys AND two girls, I think they are all fab!
    Its the way you bring them up - none of them tantrum (much) and certainly not in public. Its nice buying boys things just as much as buying girls things.

They all get on, although they have their moments

Congrats btw x

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, boys.

At least when we are young, we're very easy to please. No scratch that. Sports, food, video games and we're happy no matter our age :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC_x)
    why would you want to find out :eek: totally ruins the suprise! :yep:
    Because we want to mentally prepare

ReputationRep:
    When I was expecting , both times, the sonographer wasnt allowed to tell me the sex, but I didnt mind as it was nicer ( in my opinion) to find out at the birth .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    So no plans for an abortion if you get the wrong gender...? I was a little worried for a sec...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    So no plans for an abortion if you get the wrong gender...? I was a little worried for a sec...
    Ewww that's gross.

We planned this baby, and when we were trying to conceive we knew there's a 50/50 gender chance and we don't have a gender preference. Besides I personally couldn't abort a healthy baby at this stage (18 weeks) as I can feel the little one kick.

ReputationRep:
    Girls, 3 holes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    When I was expecting , both times, the sonographer wasnt allowed to tell me the sex, but I didnt mind as it was nicer ( in my opinion) to find out at the birth .
    Wow that's strange. From all the pregnant ladies I've spoken to it seems the norm to find out the gender. We're deffo going to ask what the gender is - that's if the baby plays ball and doesn't hide his winkle

(Yeah I'm convinced it's a boy!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Wow that's strange. From all the pregnant ladies I've spoken to it seems the norm to find out the gender. We're deffo going to ask what the gender is - that's if the baby plays ball and doesn't hide his winkle

(Yeah I'm convinced it's a boy!)
    Yes it seems to be the norm now, and I think it was just before I got pregnant with my first. But for some reason they stopped telling the parents the gender of the baby.

ReputationRep:
    everyones always told me girls are harder than boys.

ReputationRep:
    My dad says he only wishes he had had sons because he wouldnt worry about them half as much. A very close family friend has five boys and I dont know how the hell she does it.

ReputationRep:
    For me it would be a boy, I'd kit him out in baby football gear Also, with the children I know, I'm kind of rough with them (they like that though!) so a boy would probably be better!

My friend has a little boy who is four now, and he has curly blonde hair and the longest eyelashes ever. We like to play a game with him, where we grab his arms and legs and bounce him on the bed and then see how close we can get him to the ceiling, he absolutely loves it! I imagine a girl might not love this so much...

Congrats on the baby too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    but what if they say its a girl and then it comes out and its a boy :eek:
    my friend was told she was having a girl and she went and got all these pink clothes etc.. she had a wee boy, he was born a few weeks ago :eek: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC_x)
    but what if they say its a girl and then it comes out and its a boy :eek:
    lol yeah that would be strange. Thankfully it's rare.

Regarding buying stuff, we're trying to keep things as neutral as possible to avoid stereotypes. For example, the nursery has a 'jungle' theme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    lol yeah that would be strange. Thankfully it's rare.

Regarding buying stuff, we're trying to keep things as neutral as possible to avoid stereotypes. For example, the nursery has a 'jungle' theme
    i had asked my mum cos i was like omg how could that happen? :lol:
    but she said cos if its a boy they can tell its a boy cos his tinkle:yep: but if hes just not grew it yet or the way hes lying you cant see it they might think its a girl :eek:

aww thats cute :p:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.