Turn on thread page Beta

Who is the best to parent - boys or girls? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    I'd prefer a boy. Girls are too girly. Also, teenage girls annoy me too much, I'd hate it if I had a typical bimbo-plasticy-girl. Boys are generally much nicer and easier.
    Really? I wasn't girly at all. In fact most of my childhood was occupied with playing with He-Man action figures and watching pro-wrestling. I think I turned out alright... Sort of...

P.S. Forgot to say this before but congrats OP. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    Really? I wasn't girly at all. In fact most of my childhood was occupied with playing with He-Man action figures and watching pro-wrestling. I think I turned out alright... Sort of...

P.S. Forgot to say this before but congrats OP. ^_^
    I wasn't girly either, but most girls seem to be

ReputationRep:
    I'd say boy as well. I hate girls lol Boys are probably less of a worry, though there's always worry no matter what they are. God yeah, a teenage girl would be hell! Just an opinion but the stereotype teenage girl seems to 'hate' parents more than boys. I think anyway. Also, not quite as much worry about having a teenage son sleeping around as having a daughter doing the same cos you have to deal with it!

ReputationRep:
    Boys. You don't have to worry about them getting pregnant or dressing sluttily, and most likely you won't worry about them getting abducted and raped on the way home.

My parents must feel awful that they've had three girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    Quite of lot of it is a learned response combined with social conditioning, and affects both genders equally. So in that sense, if you don't want your girl to act like a whiny little princess, don't treat her like one and if you don't want your son to become a emotionless macho strongman, don't treat him like one. These are obviously extremes.
    I completely agree!

ReputationRep:
    Boys are much more difficult when they are young. They jump about and break stuff in a way that girls simply don't. But I think girls are much more difficult in the early teen years. It totally depends on the individual though.

ReputationRep:
    Boys.
    You can be more strict and disciplined with them. If my son ever crosses me I can comfortably kick him out and know that he'll be able to survive, where as girls would be a little more vulnerable.

Also, sons carry the family name and continue the legacy..where as the majority of girls just shag some bloke, get knocked up and carry his douchebag of a name :dry:

If I had a daughter although I'll financially provide for her I refuse to aknowledge her existance and she'll only be a legal responsibility of mine...her and her mum can live on their own :dry:

Must be a son :rant:

ReputationRep:
    This is ********. If you have a girl and you want to play football, play football with her. FFS it's not FORBIDDEN to take girls on fairground rides. I never had any Barbies or whatever when I was little and my Mum made my clothes so I didn't actually cost more than a boy. Probably less, because she would have had to learn to make or buy boys clothes because she doesn't know how to make them. I'd say they were about equal, but agree with it always being boys acting up in public.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.