Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am looking for a reasonably priced (<$6000) masters in finance or any related disciplines. I'm willing to relocate anywhere in the world, but I would like a master which has some degree of reputation, either regionally or even internationally.

Any ideas? Thx.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheapMaster)
    I am looking for a reasonably priced (<$6000) masters in finance or any related disciplines. I'm willing to relocate anywhere in the world, but I would like a master which has some degree of reputation, either regionally or even internationally.

Any ideas? Thx.
    Look to continental Europe - schools like St.Gallen and Rotterdam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheapMaster)

Any ideas? Thx.
    Excluding scholarships:

- Stockholm School of Economics
    - HSG (St Gallen): MBF o MIQE/F
    - Rotterdam School of Management: MSc Finance & Investments
    - ETHZ: MSc Quantitative Finance
    - Copenhagen Business School: MSc AEF (Advanced Economics and Finance)
    - EFPL: MSc Financial Engineering
    - HEC Lausanne: MSc Finance

ReputationRep:
    Are you an international student ?

ReputationRep:
    Why not just study a less competitive subject at Oxbridge/LSE.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm an international but hold a EU passport, so that should help for continental Europe programmes.

How much are "less competitive subjects" at Oxbridge/LSE?

Any good value for money programmes outside Europe?

ReputationRep:
    I love your username by the way OP, did you create it with this thread in mind? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The schools in Sweden has always been for free for international students, however I think they will introduce or already have introduced a fee for international students.

Good schools in Sweden:

1. SSE
    2. Gothenburg School of Law and Economics or Lund University

If they have a fee now, I think it will cost as maximum
    $5000

ReputationRep:
    If you are classified as a 'home' student for fee purposes (EU passport), the Cambridge MPhil Finance is relatively cheap (£7000ish).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henrykravis)
    If you are classified as a 'home' student for fee purposes (EU passport), the Cambridge MPhil Finance is relatively cheap (£7000ish).
    More like 10,000 (£7,610 uni fee and £2,229 college fee). Still good value relative to others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anfitrion)
    More like 10,000 (£7,610 uni fee and £2,229 college fee). Still good value relative to others.
    It is THE most competitive one mind you, and considering I bumped into two of them at MS Ops & Finance AC. Obviously isn't the golden ticket it's made out to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damarus)
    It is THE most competitive one mind you, and considering I bumped into two of them at MS Ops & Finance AC. Obviously isn't the golden ticket it's made out to be.
    Agree that it is the most competitve one, I am on this course

It is a golden ticket in the sense that it gets you interviews everywhere. Needless to say, it depends on the interview performance after that. There are peope who got into ridiculously competitive buyside firms e.g. Blackstone, Jane Street etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anfitrion)
    Furthermore, many students on this programme are funded by the Cambridge Trusts (have to pay for living expenses only)

ReputationRep:
    Just go to Rotterdam (RSM), tuition fee is € 1500 for Europeans and living costs are pretty low as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henrykravis)
    Agree that it is the most competitve one, I am on this course

It is a golden ticket in the sense that it gets you interviews everywhere. Needless to say, it depends on the interview performance after that. There are peope who got into ridiculously competitive buyside firms e.g. Blackstone, Jane Street etc.
    Any course at Oxbridge/LSE would get you interviews everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damarus)
    Any course at Oxbridge/LSE would get you interviews everywhere.
    Yes, if you are talking about BB but it is not true for the buyside firms - e.g. last year Jane Street hired three people globally one was a PhD from Columbia (with Harvard undergrad) and two were from this course.

Moreover, this course helps a lot for getting consulting interviews, applies to Oxford MFE as well but not LSE.

Lastly, one thing I have noticed about this course is that many people want to continue as a PhD stdudents (either at Cambridge or elsewhere). This is not surprising, becuase given the extremely high entry standards, it attracts extremely academic students (with almost nil-extracurriculars, work exp etc) who are more likely to do a PhD. In this regard it has recently sent students to Wharton, Chicago, Harvard etc.

ReputationRep:
    MPhil is generally seen as an appetiser before a PhD...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    MPhil is generally seen as an appetiser before a PhD...
    True for most univeristies, but at Oxbridge the normal masters are branded as MPhils just to differentiate from their MA's that are awarded to every undergrad couple of years after graduation.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Nicaragua and do a master in a local uni. I'm sure it will be cheap as chips and you will probably interpret a recruiter or two.

ReputationRep:
    Hello room. Im a international graduate who wants to study a MASTER in FINANCE. Looking for a good and cheap master in Europe. Please, I wonder if you could provide with some informations. Thanks !!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.