Turn on thread page Beta

So what do the people of TSR have for breakfast??? watch

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. I hate breakfast.

I might have a coffee if I have time but that's unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    it's nothing to do with health

it's just there is sugar-free version of sugar as it were

there is no 'sugar-free jam'

well my jam is sweetened with grape juice lol but ye it's just 'reducing harm' in terms of bodyfat
    So if it's got nothing to do with health, why don't you sweeten it with sugar? Sugar is probably healthier than sweeteners anyway

ReputationRep:
    usually no time for breakfast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    I'm in halls so I'm making sure I get my money's worth:

3 or 4 croissants
    Big bowl of mixed cereals
    Boiled egg
    2 slices of buttered toast
    Few slices of melon
    Yoghurt
    A cup of tea, coffee or a mocha
    Couple of glasses of fruit juice

At home and on mountaineering weekends, it's porridge made with water, with a chopped up banana or two on top... Yummeh!
    wow! Im off to Nottingham this year, and am staying in halls, can you get this much breakfast in EVERY hall? Definitely like you said to get your money's worth...

... Not that I actually eat breakfast. Yet.

ReputationRep:
    kellogg's crunchy nut cereal :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21:13)
    So if it's got nothing to do with health, why don't you sweeten it with sugar? Sugar is probably healthier than sweeteners anyway
    because ...

it's to do with losing fat, this is the best situation, the jam does minimal harm

and you'd need a lot of sugar to sweeten it, so i'm just removing that 'damage'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    ... Are you pregnant by any chance?
    That's a cure for morning sickness!

And as for me, I make my own museli and granola and either have it with rice milk or natural yoghurt
    Haha, nope, not pregnant. :p: They're my favourite biscuits, and biscuits are cheap and practical.

I do find that they stop me feeling ill when I am, though, and I've used them as a hangover cure in the past (instant fix).

ReputationRep:
    because ...

it's to do with losing fat, this is the best situation, the jam does minimal harm

and you'd need a lot of sugar to sweeten it, so i'm just removing that 'damage'

having that amount of sugar in the mornign isn't good for you nor healthy, high levels of sugary breakfasts, or added sugar/sweetner to breakfasts are linked to diabetes type 2, plus it can give you indegestion, heartburn, acide reflux- if you want to be healthy try something else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    having that amount of sugar in the mornign isn't good for you nor healthy, high levels of sugary breakfasts, or added sugar/sweetner to breakfasts are linked to diabetes type 2, plus it can give you indegestion, heartburn, acide reflux- if you want to be healthy try something else
    I never said I wanted to be healthy love x

and WTF at 'high levels of' I didn't even specify what amount of sweetener/jam I use

idiot

ReputationRep:
    Cookie Crisp :awesome:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This morning I had Chilli Con Carne

ReputationRep:
    whatevers in the fridge/kitchen, leftover from the night before

ReputationRep:
    BIG brimming bowl of bran flakes with semi-skimmed milk. Love it. If I get through a week without spilling it everywhere at least once, I'm disappointed.

Failing that (I do tend to run out of bran flakes quite often ) scrambled egg + beans on toast.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have breakfast, when i do it is coco pops

ReputationRep:
    I never said I wanted to be healthy love x

and WTF at 'high levels of' I didn't even specify what amount of sweetener/jam I use

idiot
    To be fair, you did specify.. "3 sweetener tablets, 2 tablespoons elmlea"
    Also, watch your language!

But I agree, if you are doing it to lose weight it doesn't matter what kind of crap you eat, as long as you lose a few pounds.

ReputationRep:
    A big mug of coffee and a wispa.

ReputationRep:
    Porridge on most days with a glass of water or tea, on the weekends mum might russell something nice.

ReputationRep:
    3 Weetabix with whole milk and a tablespoon of sugar :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I like me some toast. Or cereal: Weetabix or Special K, and Coco Pops on special days. Or, If I can be bothered putting in the effort, I'll make eggs.

ReputationRep:
    normally i don't bother with breakfast but lately i've been having a cheese bagel and a glass of orange juice yummm.
    When theres cereal it's either shreddies with lots of sugar or 2 weetabix with lots of sugar :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.