Turn on thread page Beta

Uni research - Celebrities advertising beauty products watch

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replys everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

First, whenever I see a beauty product advert I don't get influenced by who is proomoting it. I mean, I know that it is all constructed ot look good and it won't look the same on me.

In adverts we see all those celbs who are known for their beauty and elegance. The point is to show other famous people, I understand that celebs attract a wider audience in the adverts and their selection is more effective, who are not known as super beautiful but have the feeling of the "people like us" around them. I think this would be much better.

As far as it goes for celebs that went bad, I don't think it has a negative effect most of times. I actually believe that it brings even more attention to the adverts and the product.

I hope my answers were helpful for you Good luck with the dissertation!

ReputationRep:
    samuel l jackson, because he could successfully sell anything

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to say really, I've only started properly wearing makeup recently. I would usually buy eyeliner and mascara from wherever looked cheapest/nicest seeing as there's not much variation, but I'm a Sophie EB fan and often felt drawn to getting that one, simply because I like her and she's pretty.

I would prefer to see ads directed at more niche markets (I sort of got at this in your survey on this question). For example, I got Rimmel eyeliner but it doesn't smudge messily that well and starts flaking, so if they did an advert with somebody like Courtney Love in (although I understand after all that surgery she might just put people off) advertising good brands for the kinderwhore style for example then that'd be really good, although obviously they'd have to think of a more 'polite' name. Similarly, I believe Robots In Disguise use Barry M, so if there were adverts showing which brands are excellent for the nighttime-gig-look then that'd be brilliant. (They always have makeup like this and this and this and when you go to a gig you'll see most of the fans attempt similar levels of brightness and creativity, but with their own patterns and images)

Probably not realistic at all, but it's still what I'd like

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.