Turn on thread page Beta

Is it weird... watch

Announcements

To go to the theatre on your own to watch a play? I'm considering it but I really don't want to look like an idiot.

(This is a genuine question, I know it seems a bit mad.)

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it's fine

No. Unless you're fourteen, in which case going to see a play is bad enough, but going alone is tantamount to the saddest thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    No. /thread

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird to read a book on your own, or go to an art gallery on your own?

Of course it's not weird. Appreciating art isn't a social event. Ditto going to the cinema, even though you will be made to feel sad for doing that. I do it often, and don't really care what others think of it... you're going for your own enjoyment, not theirs.

(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    No. Unless you're fourteen, in which case going to see a play is bad enough, but going alone is tantamount to the saddest thing ever.
    LOL, well I'm 21 so I guess I'm off the hook. What makes the perception of it being the saddest thing ever dissipate after a certain age? How come it still isn't sad? God I sound so insecure .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    To go to the theatre on your own to watch a play? I'm considering it but I really don't want to look like an idiot.

(This is a genuine question, I know it seems a bit mad.)
    You shouldnt care about what others think, if you wanna watch it, go watch it

ReputationRep:
    Not at all It's perfectly normal

ReputationRep:
    No its not weird at all . I"ve never understood why its a social faux paus to go anywhere alone!. Its fine.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, no? You wouldn't be able to talk while it's on anyway, so what difference does it make having friends with you? Anyway, most of the people there won't know you, so won't really notice you or give a damn whether you're alone or not. So just chill

ReputationRep:
    Not weird.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.