Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you doing a subject that you *LOVE* at University? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you do a subject you love?
    I DONT love the subject I study
    15.34%
    I do Accounting and I love it
    1.06%
    I do Agriculture / Animal Sciences and I love it
    1.06%
    I do Biology / Medicine / Dentistry and I love it
    10.05%
    I do Business and I love it
    2.12%
    I do Chemistry and I love it
    1.59%
    I do Computing Science / Information Technology and I love it
    4.76%
    I do Physics and I love it
    3.70%
    I do Geography / Geology and I love it
    4.23%
    I do Mathematics and I love it
    6.88%
    I do Engineering and I love it
    2.65%
    I do Art and I love it
    2.12%
    I do English and I love it
    8.99%
    I do Politics and I love it
    4.23%
    I do Psychology and I love it
    2.65%
    I do *SOME OTHER SUBJECT* and I love it
    28.57%

ReputationRep:
    Architecture is not up there, what has this world come to? you obviously can't live without architects :yes: lol oh and yeah, I love it! Can't wait for it to begin this september!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabb123)
    Architecture is not up there, what has this world come to? you obviously can't live without architects :yes: lol oh and yeah, I love it!
    Nonsense!

We can just stick some engineers and some artists in a room and hope they don't kill each other before they design a building :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am now, after studying a subject I couldn't stand for 3 months

ReputationRep:
    I've never been more interested in my subject, but its taken a bit of time, and I think that's just down to the subjects and how they were taught till now. (doing law btw).
    Since I was also looking at fine art, or french and spanish for other degrees, I wonder how much I'd enjoy them still, in comparison. If I won the lottery I'd do them lol.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone studies medieval literature for the money.

ReputationRep:
    I love my subject

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I love Art and I can't wait to be a teacher when I apply for my PGCE. To me that is exciting and I love it.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully next year I really enjoy at now at A Level, so hopefully I will do

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm studying sociology and gender studies and love both!

I did however start with engineering, mathematics etc., never been so bored in my life.

ReputationRep:
    I have a mild contempt for most of my subject.

ReputationRep:
    I do Marketing and PR and my interest is beginning to wain very quickly at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Doing electrical engineering but wanted to do computer science/engineering. Oh well... I'm still not too far off-track.

ReputationRep:
    I think love is the wrong word I would rather say that Im really interested in my subject and that I think I will enjoy it.
    It simply prepares me for what I will do in my job later.

ReputationRep:
    I like my subject (Geography) but not love. I love my unrestricted modules in Philosophy and Asian Studies and not so much my actual degree :rolleyes: It should get better though in second year... I hope

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Astronomy. You can't get better than that!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing geology. It's interesting and i enjoy it but i've realised i'd rather be doing a music degree. I didn't change though because of the 'worthlessness' of the degree. I know it's not worthless but the job prospects are really bleak. At least with geology i find it interesting enough and will be able to get a job fairly easily at the end of it all.

ReputationRep:
    when i become a tv producer, i'm going to be extremely happy as that's what i'm working towards at the moment. it's not an academic subject (which some tossers probably frown up on) but it allows me to be creative, which i enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do the subject I love, but I have to wait another year and a half to do it, silly gap year. :o:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I don't love it as such, I mean it doesn't get me really excited the way solving a tough equation does, or working a solution out. but I do love the people I've met and that kinda thing.

The actual subject has a very wide curriculum too so I learn alot about alot of things. Which I like

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to study Politics
    The Reading lecturer won me over! It looks very interesting, I hope it is!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.