Turn on thread page Beta

Are you doing a subject that you *LOVE* at University? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you do a subject you love?
    I DONT love the subject I study
    15.34%
    I do Accounting and I love it
    1.06%
    I do Agriculture / Animal Sciences and I love it
    1.06%
    I do Biology / Medicine / Dentistry and I love it
    10.05%
    I do Business and I love it
    2.12%
    I do Chemistry and I love it
    1.59%
    I do Computing Science / Information Technology and I love it
    4.76%
    I do Physics and I love it
    3.70%
    I do Geography / Geology and I love it
    4.23%
    I do Mathematics and I love it
    6.88%
    I do Engineering and I love it
    2.65%
    I do Art and I love it
    2.12%
    I do English and I love it
    8.99%
    I do Politics and I love it
    4.23%
    I do Psychology and I love it
    2.65%
    I do *SOME OTHER SUBJECT* and I love it
    28.57%

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing history and I love it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at university any more but I did Human Sciences and love love loved it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing psychology, and I love it :-)

ReputationRep:
    There are peaks and troughs but generally I do love it.

ReputationRep:
    next year i'll get into engineering hopefully ... even though i struggled with phy last year... this year i just fell in love with it, my teacher is awesome and i just realized how awesome this subject is. i just love how things work and its pretty crazy with the electricity and mechanics and speed and velocity etc.. i love maths too. so yeah i think engineering is the right degree for me.

ReputationRep:
    I ******* love physics. I'm not the sort of person who actually reads much about it outside of uni but doing physics is actually more of a hobby than anything. Nothing more satisfying than picking up my textbook, reading through the chapter and finishing the seminar questions.

(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I have a mild contempt for most of my subject.
    Out of curiosity - why?

ReputationRep:
    I will be as of September

ReputationRep:
    It hurts my eyes. They want to bleed! Because you've put the great subject that is Geology on the same choice as the dirty geography! O.o

I don't LOVE my subject, but I do find it interesting and I enjoy some parts of it.

ReputationRep:
    On my gap year I really missed doing Philosophy (odd I know) so I knew I had to do it at uni.. so I better love it!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how to describe my feelings for clinical sciences. I wouldn't say I LOVE it (that's a bit too enthusiastic), but I do like talking about it, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else. I feel very secure knowing my future career structure too, which is a huge bonus for me.

But then again, I'm studying a MSc, so my eyes are very much on the job and the rest of my life now, rather than something that's fun to study for 3 years.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I really like engineering. I don't love it but to be honest I couldn't see myself doing anything else at uni. Like the OP, I too will be spending most of my working life at the computer, but so do most people in technical and business jobs nowadays.

I liked Economics at first but then spent a year hating it. Now I'm back on top of my work I luffs it :yes: I really don't see myself doing any other subject at uni ever.

ReputationRep:
    I adore the subject of English Language, but what we're studying at the moment is not my favourite bit (The power of language ).

I'm doing Education Studies too, which is extremely boring but it'll help me onto the PGCE So I can become a teacher which is what I'm really excited about!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes! In fact, I love both my subjects :woo:
    Well, Politics a little bit more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Why isn't law on there?

This is a travesty.
    Nobody loves Law. Click the top one.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Hopfully. Next year, Computer Forensic? Bringg it on

(Original post by Fugeh)
    Nobody loves Law. Click the top one.
    You are hilarious. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely- I wouldn't select a subject I wasn't passionate about. However, I may have to wait until I've actually started uni before deciding if I love Philosophy & International Relations enough to pursue a career as an academic!

(Original post by fg08)
    I think love is the wrong word I would rather say that Im really interested in my subject and that I think I will enjoy it.
    It simply prepares me for what I will do in my job later.
    I'm doing IR at St Andrews next year too! :hello:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.