Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to be rejected from all 5 uni's that you have applied to on UCAS?

Just curious

ReputationRep:
    Most definitely.

That is what clearing is for if i'm not mistaken?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think I will be getting 4 rejections lol

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but that's only the case if you're over ambitious (& unrealistic) or just stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who2004uk)
    Most definitely.

That is what clearing is for if i'm not mistaken?
    You are mistaken. Clearing is for people who had offers but failed to meet the requirements. UCAS Extra is for people who get five rejections.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you kind sir :top2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Yes, but that's only the case if you're over ambitious (& unrealistic) or just stupid.
    or a wannabe medic or vet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overtherainbow)
    ...or just stupid :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhh. If you pick sensibly it shouldn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overtherainbow)
    I find it shocking, the number of people who are applying for medicine and then apply for biochemistry at UCL or something along those lines. Surely getting into UCL is incredibly competitive, and by no means a guaranteed in?

ReputationRep:
    I have got offers for G100 on Baths and Bristol. Predicted grades are A on Further Maths and A* on Physics. I have already obtained A* on Maths. I did not apply to Warwick by mistake. Is there any way that I can re-apply? Could I apply by Extra or wait until clearing if Warwick still got places available. Does anyone know if there is any chance? I have confidence that I will get A* on Further Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick will not have any places at clearing! If you appled to 5 that's you're lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt and Peppa)
    I have got offers for G100 on Baths and Bristol. Predicted grades are A on Further Maths and A* on Physics. I have already obtained A* on Maths. I did not apply to Warwick by mistake. Is there any way that I can re-apply? Could I apply by Extra or wait until clearing if Warwick still got places available. Does anyone know if there is any chance? I have confidence that I will get A* on Further Maths.
    You would have to decline the offers you have in order to apply through Extra, even supposing that Warwick is in Extra for G100, which is pretty unlikely, I'm afraid, as are the chances that there'll be places in Clearing. In practical terms, you choices are to stick with what you have (what do you mean, you "did not apply to Warwick by mistake" :confused: ) or to reapply next year. You can decide on Results Day not to go to your firm if you want to, but reapplying is not a risk-free option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjarvis)
    I find it shocking, the number of people who are applying for medicine and then apply for biochemistry at UCL or something along those lines. Surely getting into UCL is incredibly competitive, and by no means a guaranteed in?
    but if you are good enough for medicine and just unlucky you should probably get a place. most medics tend to be pretty arrogant about how good they are and would see it as guarenteed i guess!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.