Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi just received an email inviting me to an open day at sports direct was wondering what the usual pay was for an 18 year old there? thanks :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing around £4.83?

ReputationRep:
    More than £4.83 I would presume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RubyxRed)
    Hi just received an email inviting me to an open day at sports direct was wondering what the usual pay was for an 18 year old there? thanks :p:
    On the website it says up to £6.45p/hr... btw, do you have any previous sport experience? I'm applying but have never worked in a sports shop before- just a chemist and 'fashion' store but I'm very involved in local athletics and hoping this might sway my cv :o:

ReputationRep:
    whatever minimum wage for a 18 year old is, im 17 and currently on £3.57 an hour there as that is my minimum wage. Also can I recommend not working there unless you are desperate or know for a fact that the manager and people you work with are going to treat you well.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for everyones replies
    nope I dont have any sport experience, only experience I have is just in a card store and toy store, all I said in my cv is that I go swimming and to the gym.. I think retail experience should be enough im not too sure if I could work there as it doesnt seem a nice place to work for and the pay doesnt seem too good dont think I could work for £4.83.. I have two other job interviews this week so if a dont get them then i will go to the open day.

ReputationRep:
    I think its £4.85 for 18 year olds
    i work there a while ago and i was 16 i got £4.35
    not sure thou mite be more cos 18 year olds don't get breaks if they work 5 hours or less
    so pretty much slave labor, and i quit becos they werent givin me shifts
    where about is the sports direct ?
    mines was in glasgow forge retail park
    and tbh they weren't very nice :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolemcdee1)
    I think its £4.85 for 18 year olds
    i work there a while ago and i was 16 i got £4.35
    not sure thou mite be more cos 18 year olds don't get breaks if they work 5 hours or less
    so pretty much slave labor, and i quit becos they werent givin me shifts
    where about is the sports direct ?
    mines was in glasgow forge retail park
    and tbh they weren't very nice :|
    Yea alot of people seem to be saying they're not very nice people to work for..Its the one at the Glasgow Fort thats just opened :p: Thats strange my last job when I worked 4 hour shifts I always got a 15 min break.

ReputationRep:
    yep, quite of alot of ppl walked out of my one becos they werent gettin breaks. If your desperate i would do it for like a couple of months till the shifts dry up, i heard that openin up

ReputationRep:
    well I have two other interviews first this week so if I dont get those jobs then I will go to sports direct.. so yea only when i'm desperate

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.