Turn on thread page Beta

i'm obsessed with somebody i know nothing about. what the hell do i do? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ok.

i started college this september and for the first few months, a hot girl was checking me out every time she saw me. this hot girl is not in any of my classes, and always hangs around with her one friend. anyway, i think she lost interest because i wasn't reacting due to nervousness and lack of girl experience.

a few weeks ago, they were outside college whilst i was inside, and they both just stared at me for like 10 seconds with no facial expression whatsoever. i have no idea what they were thinking about. this girl looks so cute and i really wanna get to know her, but it is SOOOO rare to find an opportunity where i can talk to her without looking weird (i.e. when her friend(s) aren't with her or if we're both walking in the same direction).

i realised that she knows 2 people that i also know. these 2 people aren't really my friends, they're just in my class, and probably don't think anything of me as i hardly talk to them anyway.

so im pretty much obsessed; i cant stop thinking about her for some strange reason. when i go college i only look forward to the breaks so i can see her for like 10 seconds and hope something would happen. i want this to stop because the thought is really distracting me when i want to revise or do anything else.

nothing will probably happen, but i can't get her out of my head, even tho i want to! i know there are plenty of fish in the sea, but there's something different with this girl. now, when we walk past eachother she doesn't even look at my direction, whilst im hoping for her to see me smiling at her or something.

there are 8 college weeks left before study leave. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO? seriously.. how do i get her out of my head?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her?

ReputationRep:
    add her on fb? ask for a hand with something?

ReputationRep:
    She's thinking "Look there's that weird kid smiling at me again...".

ReputationRep:
    Find the opportunity to talk to her, might be hard to find the right time, but keep trying.

ReputationRep:
    woah she really must be hot.

hmmm perhaps you could... is she in any clubs you could join? Or if you see her standing in a queue you could stand behind her and strike conversation... girls are pretty passive you better do something it won't matter if its a bit forward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon50050)
    ok.

i started college this september and for the first few months, a hot girl was checking me out every time she saw me. this hot girl is not in any of my classes, and always hangs around with her one friend. anyway, i think she lost interest because i wasn't reacting due to nervousness and lack of girl experience.

a few weeks ago, they were outside college whilst i was inside, and they both just stared at me for like 10 seconds with no facial expression whatsoever. i have no idea what they were thinking about. this girl looks so cute and i really wanna get to know her, but it is SOOOO rare to find an opportunity where i can talk to her without looking weird (i.e. when her friend(s) aren't with her or if we're both walking in the same direction).

i realised that she knows 2 people that i also know. these 2 people aren't really my friends, they're just in my class, and probably don't think anything of me as i hardly talk to them anyway.

so im pretty much obsessed; i cant stop thinking about her for some strange reason. when i go college i only look forward to the breaks so i can see her for like 10 seconds and hope something would happen. i want this to stop because the thought is really distracting me when i want to revise or do anything else.

nothing will probably happen, but i can't get her out of my head, even tho i want to! i know there are plenty of fish in the sea, but there's something different with this girl. now, when we walk past eachother she doesn't even look at my direction, whilst im hoping for her to see me smiling at her or something.

there are 8 college weeks left before study leave. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO? seriously.. how do i get her out of my head?
    I think this is exactly what's making you so 'obsessed' with this particular girl.
    I've recently decided to go with the idea of 'no regrets' and especially no 'what ifs'. The amount of times i've never made a move on a guy i like the look of, or never spoken to someone i wish i should have (looking in hindsight) its made me drastically decide to just act upon my impulses and then live with the consequences. I think i've been far more damaged by getting my hopes up and imagining things instead of seeing what the reality actually is, instead of imagining talking to someone or just wishing there'll be another time in the future and hoping something will bring me to do something, i act now. Sure, sometimes you don't get what you wanted and it doesn't go your way, but then you know for sure and can move on. If you do nothing and are passive about it, and rely on hoping something will happen, it most probably never will. OP, go up to her, approach her and find out for certain what you want to know, ask her name, talk to her, and then you can discover why she looks at you. Who knows, she might just be waiting for you to approach her?
    Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jolt)
    Talk to her?
    ive already explained that i VERY RARELY see her by herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    She's thinking "Look there's that weird kid smiling at me again...".
    i haven't really smiled at her yet because every time i do she isn't looking at my direction

ReputationRep:
    i haven't really smiled at her yet because every time i do she isn't looking at my direction
    I think as soon as you find an opportunity to do so, go start a conversation with her. That's the only way you're going to get any further with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Find the opportunity to talk to her, might be hard to find the right time, but keep trying.
    i will do :P the only problem is clearing her out of my mind when i'm at home. i find it difficult to study or sleep because im just constantly thinking about it :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supergirl182)
    woah she really must be hot.

hmmm perhaps you could... is she in any clubs you could join? Or if you see her standing in a queue you could stand behind her and strike conversation... girls are pretty passive you better do something it won't matter if its a bit forward
    i don't know if she is any clubs, my stalking tactics are poor :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    I think this is exactly what's making you so 'obsessed' with this particular girl.
    I've recently decided to go with the idea of 'no regrets' and especially no 'what ifs'. The amount of times i've never made a move on a guy i like the look of, or never spoken to someone i wish i should have (looking in hindsight) its made me drastically decide to just act upon my impulses and then live with the consequences. I think i've been far more damaged by getting my hopes up and imagining things instead of seeing what the reality actually is, instead of imagining talking to someone or just wishing there'll be another time in the future and hoping something will bring me to do something, i act now. Sure, sometimes you don't get what you wanted and it doesn't go your way, but then you know for sure and can move on. If you do nothing and are passive about it, and rely on hoping something will happen, it most probably never will. OP, go up to her, approach her and find out for certain what you want to know, ask her name, talk to her, and then you can discover why she looks at you. Who knows, she might just be waiting for you to approach her?
    Good luck x
    very inspiring! thanks a lot, really

ReputationRep:
    i will do :P the only problem is clearing her out of my mind when i'm at home. i find it difficult to study or sleep because im just constantly thinking about it :s
    The sooner you talk to her the better then!

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her!!!

If you see on her own, tell her that you've seen her around and her ask her what class she's in or just general chit chat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    The sooner you talk to her the better then!
    im desperate for the opportunity to. i waste a whole day waiting for the next, hoping that the opportunity is there. but 90% of the time its not, so im just wasting my time thinking about it outside of college.

i just want her out of my mind when im no longer in college

ReputationRep:
    yepp talk to her before she loses interest in you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mykk3i)
    yepp talk to her before she loses interest in you!
    I think she already has :'(

ReputationRep:
    I suggest keep trying - I know it is hard but perhaps you can bump into her and say whoops so sorry and then start the convo from there - try to find out what classes she goes to and probably join in!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    ok.

add her on facebook

just give her cheeky wink or smile and her reaction will be one of two:

your get a smile back or you may get punch thrown at you but least you know.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.