Turn on thread page Beta

2 of my housemates hate me :( watch

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a clue what I've done, but 2 of my housemates seem to hate my guts. I live in a house with 5 other girls; 3 of them are nice but these two just seem to hate me. They are so passive aggressive; one keeps stealing my food (but I haven't confronted her) and the other one is just rude and blunt when I talk to her, despite me having lent her loads of stuff which she still has. Today I cleared up my room and put some rubbish in a bin bag, then took it downstairs and put it in the hallway where there were two other bin bags. I came back and the bin bag had been taken upstairs and left outside my door, but the others where still in the hall, I mean, what is the point of that? I intended to take it out when I got back anyway and theirs were already downstairs. I just took it out to the bins without saying anything.
    It's really starting to depress me because there's no reason for it. I'm a clean person, I never leave washing up in the sink because I do it right after (theirs is always left in the bowl) and I never steal food. I've asked the others if they know why they're like this but they don't know either. The 2 housemates are nice towards them in any case. Meh. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Occupy yourself with something more important?

ReputationRep:
    ... perhaps you're good looking and they see you as a threat?

ReputationRep:
    confront them about it

ReputationRep:
    Ask them what their problem is.

Yeah, confront them about it.

Can't believe you lent one of them "stuff". :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like jealousy in my opinion.
    I'd confront them (or if your nervous do one at a time, their more likely to be honest alone) and ask what the hell there problem is. Tell them you wont put up with it and basically stand up for yourself and don't let them walk all over you. Since you havent said anything yet they probs think you wont or are trying to see how far they can push you.

On the otherhand, they might not even really realise that you mind.

But definatly talk to them. If things take a turn for the worse, you have the other girls who sound nice.

Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    I would just ask them about it. If it's a pathetic reason (which I suspect it probably will be) just rise above it and I'm sure they will get bored of being so petty. I hope things get better

ReputationRep:
    join forces with your other housemates, and hate them at once....

ReputationRep:
    perhaps they think u r too nice and took advantage of you and now since they can't take advantage of you eg.stealing ur food and u throwing away your stuff so they just got mad. i dunno if im correct<<

but yeh confront them but with the other two girls help supporting you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.